• The KillerFrogs

Cheez-It Bowl Payout

Opintel

Moderators
I Googled - it looks like just over a million bucks per team.

Plus a lot of the crackers to each team.

edit: That was late. Too full of Cheez-it to move quickly.

Surfrog

Not much to spare after the charter flights, buses, hotel, practice field, security, and all the other ship which accompanies a bowl game.

BleedNPurple

Most of these bowls are break even proposition for the teams. It’s a reward for all the hard work. We got some extra practices and a lot of Cheez-it’s and a nice new trophy for the case. The $$ is in the television revenue splits as all of you know!

Surfrog

"Practice field." I never would have guessed that teams have to rent practice fields at a bowl. I shouldn't be surprised these days.

I'm not sure when the team got there but SOP is usually arriving 7-6 days pre-bowl. You have your final 4 practices at an alternate facility, usually a college campus in the area and these must be rented at an agreed rate. I know when the Steelers played GB in the Superbowl, GB rented TCU's Facilities the week before the game.

That's an entire weeks worth of meals, hotel rooms, rented meeting rooms, transportation (chartered flights, chartered buses), security etc for all 125 players, all coaches, all trainers, coaches families, equipment staff, support staff, etc.

frogs9497

I'm not sure when the team got there but SOP is usually arriving 7-6 days pre-bowl. You have your final 4 practices at an alternate facility, usually a college campus in the area and these must be rented at an agreed rate. I know when the Steelers played GB in the Superbowl, GB rented TCU's Facilities the week before the game.

That's an entire weeks worth of meals, hotel rooms, rented meeting rooms, transportation (chartered flights, chartered buses), security etc for all 125 players, all coaches, all trainers, coaches families, equipment staff, support staff, etc.

Doesn’t matter to the point you were making, but it was the Steelers who practiced on campus. It was Tomlin who suggested that we needed more TCU swag on display inside the indoor practice facility.

netty2424

Apparently Fossil watches are a popular part of a bunch of gift packages.......Are they still a thing?!?!
Used to be a fossil store in Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. Don’t care for their watches, but had great clothing selection. Was very disappointed when they stopped seling clothes and went back to watches.