• The KillerFrogs

Long live The Mule

flyfishingfrog

I'm not a fan of criticism of any player, but this board has spent three years ROASTING KH and SR, yet criticizing their less talented backups is treated like heresy. I find that very interesting.
I think Mule gets a bit of a pass because he picked TCU out of HS and stayed with us for 5 years knowing he was never going to be the main guy

Loyalty tends to breed protection from those that value the thing to which you are loyal...

Limey Frog

I'm not a fan of criticism of any player, but this board has spent three years ROASTING KH and SR, yet criticizing their less talented backups is treated like heresy. I find that very interesting.

As the book of Proverbs saith: "With great power, comes great responsibility."

brog2

I'm with you, CD. But some folks, when they get to heaven, will be almighty miserable because there'll be nothing to bellyache about.

Oh, they'll find plenty to complain about. Those streets of gold are too slick, and the angels play much too loud on their harps, and St Peter needs to trim his beard, and there's some folks here he thinks should be down in hell, and .......

4th. down

I'm happy for him that he went out a winner because he seems like a very good guy, but good god a 5th year senior who has spent all five years practicing in the same system should not look like he looked. Probably quite a bit of going through the motions these last 5 years.

Yep, he probably was going thru the motions for most of the time. Believe he was really here for the education and football was his venue.

I'm not as critical on him as some, why? Because his position coach didn't play to his strengths, and he had some or he wouldn't be here. He could run, as he was the 1st. leg of his high school 4x400 relay team that won their share of meets, so there's that.

He has never liked passing from the pocket, he is a roll out passer but his position coach preferred to keep him in the pocket. This was not on Grayson, he was doing what he was told. Against Baylor and OSU he was effective on the roll out, but..........he had some open receivers which he didn't in the bowl game.

The offensive game plan for the bowl game, comprised by the offensive staff, failed to put him in his comfort zone. It frustrated the hell out of him, but he was doing what they had coached him to do and putting too much pressure on the QB to perform in their scheme instead of doing just the opposite which was the run game with occasionally designed roll out passes after he had made a fake to a RB which the defense had to respect because we were running the ball effectively.

Let's not be too hard on Grayson because there is more their than was obvious.

Muehl_cropped_for_site.jpg

While he might not go down in the TCU football history books like Bram, I want to say thanks to Grayson Muehlstein for sticking with it five years, waiting and biding your time, all of the things you did to help make us a better program and team, then stepping in when called on to lead the Frogs to three straight wins, especially over Baylor and Okie A&M to get us to a bowl game and winning season record. I hope you are remembered for a long time. #RiffRam
My take on The Mule is he is about as good of a Frog as you can get. He knew it would take injury apocalypse to get in a game, but he did not act like a spoiled millennial and transfer like a lot of these entitled brats do. He wanted to be a Frog even if he didn't play a down. To me, you can't be a better Frog than Grayson Muehlstein.

Spike

My take on The Mule is he is about as good of a Frog as you can get. He knew it would take injury apocalypse to get in a game, but he did not act like a spoiled millennial and transfer like a lot of these entitled brats do. He wanted to be a Frog even if he didn't play a down. To me, you can't be a better Frog than Grayson Muehlstein.

2314 has spoken!

Jet Set Frog

We would have been much much better off if on all passing plays he'd have just spiked the ball into the ground. That's not even debatable. And he had 9 carries for 8 yards so it's not like he was doing any damage on the ground either.

We should meet. I’ve always wondered what a bonafied insufferable [ Arschloch] looks like.

TX_Krötenechse

We should meet. I’ve always wondered what a bonafied insufferable [ Arschloch] looks like.
I don’t get this reaction. Wex is 100% right - we would have been better off throwing every pass straight into the dirt. Would save 4 INTs at the cost of less than 30 yards.

I get why people might be offended on Mule’s behalf, since he’s a great kid and a great Frog, but his performance really was indefensibly bad

BleedNPurple

We would have been much much better off if on all passing plays he'd have just spiked the ball into the ground. That's not even debatable. And he had 9 carries for 8 yards so it's not like he was doing any damage on the ground either.

May have been 8 yards but it was for 8 first downs

Virginia Frog

I’m not ungrateful for Mule sticking with the team and getting us to a bowl, but last night was literally the worst performance by a college QB - or maybe any QB - that I’ve ever seen. Passing, running, and decision making were all bad.
Yea, all true but the man could give former TCU QB SR a clinic on how NOT to fumble.

I'll take the W and wish The Mule the best in his future.

(When I got a glimpse of GM on the sideline sans helmet, I thought Clark Gable...yea he has movie star looks! Maybe that's his calling yet discovered. Then we can say we knew him when!)