• The KillerFrogs

The Comments on Mark Cohen

Mean Purple

First, he wasn't 5 yards on the field. Unless there's another camera angle than the only one I've seen of it, it looks like he was in the white painted area and got run into causing him to tumble onto the field. Even then, he was very close to the sideline. This isn't a case of a rogue suit running out onto the field in the middle of a play.

My best guess is that he was standing on that end of the field to watch OT with the best vantage point. When the ball got picked JJ took off down the same sideline so the only way for Cohen to see the rest of the play was to step out onto the white and lean out to watch. Clearly Cohen didn't expect to be trucked by a linesman behind him and the linesman didn't expect to have an obstruction as he focused on watching for where JJ might step out of bounds. Boom. Collision.

No problem at all with that flag and very little problem with a great SID making an honest mistake. Now, I just hope Jerry Jones starts going down to the field more often again and this can happen to him.

Correct.

arlington

He could’ve been our own Steve Bartman had the game gone a different way

Its the CHEEZE IT BOWL!!!! This was awesome. The only thing better would have been if the penalty took the game winning score off the board. I can see it now. The team dumps gatorade on coach P, Mule tries to put his "cheeze it bowl champs" hat on but misses his head, tge team rushes the field o be sent back to the sideline to see they have to keep playing cuz their beloved SID is sitting on the field in a torn sports coat! Some of you have totally missed on how glorious last night was

HFrog1999

Ooooh, story time!

Lol, not really, he just got too big for some of us little people

giphy.gif

Diehard

I was at the game and what's typical is, if I heard it right, the ref called it a block in the back over his mic. They didn't even know what happened.

kidkarr

Are appalling. Mark is a high quality, high character man, father and husband. He does a lot of hard work for the athletic program that goes unnoticed. If we lost y'all were ready to crucify him despite the fact that the offense and QB sucked just as much as they had all year. He's a good man and everyone bashing him should be ashamed.
So to defend the high character guy that made a mistake, you blast a kid who stuck it out 5 years, got us bowl eligible, and gave us his all! Kinda seems like a poor approach.

Yea....I agree, but understand why they did that. i thought it was the right call tho. Had the situation been reversed I for sure would have expected Cal to start at the 40.

Also...I think the NCAA should look at the overtime rule that if a defensive player returns a pick/fumble all the way within the 25 but does not score the offense should begin at the yard line where he was tackled. Some credit for the defensive play should be given beyond ending the possession.

How does not one of our coaches know the rule?

froginmn

Not everyone agrees, that’s all. Like anyone I guess, he can be rude and make poor decisions. And sometimes that’s what people remember, as opposed to the good experiences you obviously recall. That’s life.
Is your internet persona still afraid to provide details?