• The KillerFrogs

The Comments on Mark Cohen

So if Johnson scores on that play...does the penalty bring it back??? Would have been very interesting to see..........if GP would have killed him then turned ruby red and exploded.
Sideline Interference is a live ball foul penalized as a dead ball foul. If Johnson would have scored, the touchdown would have counted, the penalty would have been declined by rule and the game would have been over. Since he didn’t score, the penalty was enforced from the succeeding spot (25 yard line).

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Tommy Lewis of Bama said, “I guesss I just had too much Alabama in me”, or something to that effect...

For those too young to have heard of this.

LSU Game Attendee

Sideline Interference is a live ball foul penalized as a dead ball foul. If Johnson would have scored, the touchdown would have counted, the penalty would have been declined by rule and the game would have been over. Since he didn’t score, the penalty was enforced from the succeeding spot (25 yard line).
Well hell, then Cohen was the only one out there doing the right thing. If a cheerleader down by the endzone would have thrown one more good block, frogs would have ended it right there. Lesson learned!

Brevity Frog

Then share because it’s about as stupid as a take as you can have about someone.

Not everyone agrees, that’s all. Like anyone I guess, he can be rude and make poor decisions. And sometimes that’s what people remember, as opposed to the good experiences you obviously recall. That’s life.

arlington

Didn’t really understand the 15-years penalty anyway. Isn’t the first sideline interference a warning if there’s no effect on the game? Regardless, it was clearly not malicious and had no effect on the game, and the flag should’ve been picked up.

Worked out fine in the end. But I’ll echo the comments above - Mark is a really great dude and loves TCU. You can be sure he feels terrible and will continue to come to work every day and work his ass off for the Frogs - just as he’s done every day for, IIRC, about 15 years.

I will check my rule book but even if the ref calls this interference with a 15 yard penalty, this is a live ball foul and declined by rule in an extra period. The only penalties that carry over are dead ball personals. Should not have had to start at the 40 bit hey, this just added to the many elements of joy this game brought us

Punter1

I will heck my rule book but even if tge ref calls this interference with a 15 yard penalty, this is a live ball foul and xeclined by rule in an extra period. The only penalties that carry over are dead ball personals. Should not have had to start at the 40 bit hey, this just added to the many elements of joy this game brought us

Yea....I agree, but understand why they did that. i thought it was the right call tho. Had the situation been reversed I for sure would have expected Cal to start at the 40.

Also...I think the NCAA should look at the overtime rule that if a defensive player returns a pick/fumble all the way within the 25 but does not score the offense should begin at the yard line where he was tackled. Some credit for the defensive play should be given beyond ending the possession.

Dogfrog

My question is why is the guy on the sidelines running in the first place?

He could bet be greatest guy in the world but his butt should not be anywhere near the playing field while play was in progress.

At anyplace besides TCU he would be unemployed come tomm. Do you think Alabama or Clemson would put up with that? SID’s are easily replaceable. It isn’t like he is the head coach. TCU could find a replacement tomm with ton of qualified candidates.

Is your point that if we don’t fire Cohen we will never win a national championship like Bama or Clemson?

Frog-in-law1995

I will check my rule book but even if the ref calls this interference with a 15 yard penalty, this is a live ball foul and declined by rule in an extra period. The only penalties that carry over are dead ball personals. Should not have had to start at the 40 bit hey, this just added to the many elements of joy this game brought us

Sideline interference is enforced as a dead ball penalty. They got it right.

Last edited: