• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day Thread

Eight

If you’re gonna be a successful college football coach you better love recruiting or find a way to act like you do. I suppose the HC can kind of get a pass on that but the ones who care are probably gonna beat you more often than not.

talking with friends who know dana they say he is incredibly personal, very smart and very quick, absolutely loves talking football, and might be the smartest guy they have ever been around talking about offensive football.

with all that i can see it has to wear on him having to convince kids his program is good enough for them. i forgot who it was on here that said it best, programs like bama and such select talent. they don't have to convince kids their program is good enough for them.

put dana at a dry erase board and he buries mack brown, preparing a team to win i take dana over mack, but mack has more credibility because of his title at texas. there are a number of other coaches who get that benefit of the doubt.

compare the job gundy has done at okie state with what he has available to him and harbough at michigan. who has to work his ass off to convince kids their program is good enough and who gets a pass despite continually showing he will scheiss up at least one big game a year since he came back to college.

TCURiggs

baylor benefits from being in texas and while people might think it is a joke but rhule and his staff work their asses off recruiting.

i have been told by people who know dana that he doesn't love recruiting and that he and gary are very similar in some of their personality traits.

Gotta say, I actually respect/like Rhule. Still hate Baylor with the fire of a thousand suns, but I like that guy. A friend of mine is on his staff and has nothing but great things to say about him.

And on that "work their asses off" note, my buddy often works 100-120 hours/week. I can't imagine being a CFB coach.

maddogDemocrat

If you’re gonna be a successful college football coach you better love recruiting or find a way to act like you do. I suppose the HC can kind of get a pass on that but the ones who care are probably gonna beat you more often than not.
yeah, Schofner did not like to recruit. the rest was history.

BigPurple87

Gotta say, I actually respect/like Rhule. Still hate Baylor with the fire of a thousand suns, but I like that guy. A friend of mine is on his staff and has nothing but great things to say about him.

And on that "work their asses off" note, my buddy often works 100-120 hours/week. I can't imagine being a CFB coach.

Yeah I work 17 hours a day 7 days a week too so what

PurplFrawg

Administrator
That Carnival circuit is a grind, eh?

Stay with it, though. If you keep spreading the mess out of that pixie dust on the tilt-o-whirl, before you know it you'll be guessing people's weight or barking for the yak woman.
He's a pretty tough guy...I'm thinking he's one of Dog Chapman's Deputies. Mahalo.

TCURiggs

Liked for “yak woman”.

200.gif