• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

Virginia Beach--if that's where your spouse's job opportunity is. But live in Chesapeake VA.

So much to do in that area--from Williamsburg to the NC beaches to all the historic sites in VA and DC.

Have some good friends who made that work/house choice 5 years ago and they've loved it there. (Wife works in shipbuilding; husband is a Jet Blue pilot).
I'd cosign this. While Tacoma is the more tolerable part of the SeaTac area, it's still a depressing place from about September to May.

The only box VA Beach won't check is the "walkable" requirement, which I think is a silly burden to place on yourself. Also, there is an Abuelo's in Hampton Roads, VA, which is about half an hour from VA Beach. You won't find a worthy BBQ place in any of those three cities, but only VA Beach can boast reasonably close authentic Tex-Mex. And Geezer is right about all there is to do in VA. I spent a lot of time in the Army at Fort Lee (half an hour south of Richmond) and didn't get close to seeing all I wanted to see there.

berryfrog95

Philly- Top 5 Children's hospital in the country. I have the same concerns as many.

Tacoma- Top choice for me. Suggested salary there is literally insane so I'm waiting for confirmation (30k higher than Philly). House prices near same as Lewisville TX.
Hate the Eastern time zone....that alone I’d go with Tacoma!

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Started watching "The Innocent Man" on Netflix. Pretty good. Documentary on similar murders in Ada, OK in the 1980's where 2 different pairs "innocent" men were sent to prison.

It's based on Grisham's non-fiction book, "The Innocent Man". Good read.

I'm too cheap to pay for a Netflix subscription to watch the series.

Chico Dusty

Started watching "The Innocent Man" on Netflix. Pretty good. Documentary on similar murders in Ada, OK in the 1980's where 2 different pairs "innocent" men were sent to prison.

Big true crime fan, so I need to watch this. It’s horrifying to think of people serving 20, 30, 40 years in prison for something they didn’t do. Obviously not referring to doc mentioned, but I’ve watched/read a lot on that recently.

talor

These darning Hallmark movies that Purp has been talking about are something else. My wife rarely stays up past 10 or 10:30, but since she's gotten into these damn things during the holidays she cannot turn them off until they're over at 11, even if she's seen them multiple times. We'll split up after the kids go to bed so she can watch those in the other room while I sports, but it's incredible how she can't shut them off. I guess I now know how she feels about me
So I saw this thing where some nerds make a robot watch 1000 hours of something...then it will write it's own script. Attached is the first page of a movie script written by a bot that had to watch 1000 hours of Hallmark movies.

545c3d7040c6983c6ecc91c7f47715bd

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Anyone stayed in Miami? Going there for a 3-day convention in early February and never been. Convention is at Marlins Park and Hotwire has nice looking places all over the map.

Curious to know what part of town I can stay in that has a lot of good restaurants/attractions nearby that hopefully isn’t also forever away from Marlins Park (which is just outside of downtown).

Also, any can’t miss food recs? Going by myself so no $$$$$ places.
As I recall, froglash88 is in the area.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
VA Beach is awesome. Nice people, great weather (most of the time). laid back, etc.

Tacoma. Again lots of stuff to do outdoors, great people, food. The only question is can you handle the cloud and rain during the winter. The summers are beautiful and actually pretty dry.

Philly is a big, grey, dirty city IMO.

EDIT: just saw the notes on VA beach - I'd go Tacoma.
Concur