• The KillerFrogs

OT: Holiday Beatings

Froginbedford

Beatings....Any Christmas or non-Christmas record by Burl Ives, especially "Holly Jolly Christmas"....George Michael's "Last Christmas," and other renditions by any other artist...Dan Fogelberg's "Same Old Lang Syne"....

Frog-in-law1995

Christmas markets everywhere. Not terrible but sideways cold rain sucked big time yesterday.

Prague for Christmas, should be awesome. Love the Christmas sweets.

gbzmbL2.jpg

Taken 1 year ago today.

Trdelnik with nutella is a must.

Frogs01

Wrapping presents is a complete beating because I suck at it. Thankfully the wife wraps all our family and friends presents but I still have to wrap hers.

BleedNPurple

Have another week of driving 1500 miles for about 30 meetings to drop off Xmas cheer to customers. May have to dial up a trip to our bowl game post Xmas - need a vacation and a long overdue winters nap!

BABYFACE

Expanding on this, I’ll add Christmas songs by Paul McCartney, Karen Carpenter, Amy Grant, and all varieties of grandma got run over redneck songs.

I am kind of partial to the holiday tune that has the line, “ the Batmobile lost it’s wheel and Joker got away.”

Last edited:

mcdaddy

Christmas markets everywhere. Not terrible but sideways cold rain sucked big time yesterday.

Prague for Christmas, should be awesome. Love the Christmas sweets. Wife made gingerbread, gingerbread cookies and Grinch sugar cookies.

Miss Christmas ales, Sierra Nevada makes a great one.
Agree, working on quite a bit of Celebration Ale this year.

Purp

My holiday season beating is well chronicled here, but the Hallmark Christmas movies starting before Halloween and running past New Years absolutely wear me out.

As Ron pointed out so well earlier, there is so much good sports to be watched, especially bowl games, that nothing should possibly go too wrong this time of year. But when good sports are preempted by Hallmark movies at all hours of the day I just can't handle it. I have left the family gathering to return home before just to watch a football game while the rest of the house talks through a Hallmark movie that they've all seen 4 times in the past 6 weeks.

And the mother-in-law is in town for a solid 2 weeks rather than the typical 3 day weekend once a month. She is guaranteed to say at least 10 things with defiant certitude that are 100% obviously wrong to everyone else in the room. It's always a real struggle to get through an entire day without a single controversy at the in-laws' house.

I really do love this time of year, but mostly with my side of the family, my church, and my friends. The time with the other side of the family usually ends up in a wash with offsetting pros and cons.

mc1502

How about waking up with a hangover and realizing this guy hasn’t moved?

tenor.gif
Been there. Had to think quickly and explain that jack (our elf's name) must have liked that spot so much, and that he could see everyone so well from there that he wanted to hang out there for another day.