• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Anyone know what this means?

as i wrote earlier talking about going to the newton-east bernard game tamauzia was not suited out for the gane.

i sat on the east bernard side with friends so had no idea why and on david smoak's website the only thing i found was he didn't dress for personal reasons.

We could lose all 6 and I'd still think disaster is a bit much.
I get that sometimes it is tempting to be the "voice of reason" with posts like this but all year long we play and watch teams that show us our deficiencies relative to where we want to be. If you have watched the three games we've played against OU the last two seasons and not seen that we were deficient all over the field and don't think losing three top players from a class that had already stalled with any momentum to finish with any players that everyone else at the top of the P5 is recruiting wouldn't be close to a disaster, I don't know what to tell you.

FrogLifeYo

I can assure you if we lost our top 6 recruits it would be an absolute disaster. I’m assuming we all still aspire to be a double digit win on a yearly basis type program. If we’re OK with 5-7 wins every year then I guess it wouldn’t be.
This...We can pretend Stars don’t matter but talent does matters and all of our top guys are very talented. String together some +30 recruiting classes and watch the competing for Big 12 championships go for every 2-3 years to very seldom. Those +50 recruiting classes GP likes to refer to weren’t competing in the Big12 every week..It’s a little tougher these days. I have no doubt whoever we end up with GP will squeeze the most out of but the higher the ceilings the better

asleep003

as i wrote earlier talking about going to the newton-east bernard game tamauzia was not suited out for the gane.

i sat on the east bernard side with friends so had no idea why and on david smoak's website the only thing i found was he didn't dress for personal reasons.

Grades ? That's personal... and lets hope not.

froginmn

I get that sometimes it is tempting to be the "voice of reason" with posts like this but all year long we play and watch teams that show us our deficiencies relative to where we want to be. If you have watched the three games we've played against OU the last two seasons and not seen that we were deficient all over the field and don't think losing three top players from a class that had already stalled with any momentum to finish with any players that everyone else at the top of the P5 is recruiting wouldn't be close to a disaster, I don't know what to tell you.
I find it entertaining when we compare ourselves to Alabama and OU so we can be negative, as opposed to looking at our success against Texas, West Virginia, and the rest of the conference.

TX_Krötenechse

I find it entertaining when we compare ourselves to Alabama and OU so we can be negative, as opposed to looking at our success against Texas, West Virginia, and the rest of the conference.
UT has chronically underperformed their recruiting rankings for years, but OU hasn’t. And we have recruited better than WVU from day 1.

If you find it entertaining to be deficient relative to the top teams in the sport, then you have a different goal in mind than me for what we're trying to do. If you're ok with losing to OU and frankly getting completely outclassed by them three straight games, then you have different goals for our program than me. I'm glad you find that entertaining. It must have been a hoot for you losing to Tech and Kansas and being completely dominated by one of the teams that you mention. Talent and depth are pretty important to addressing that and last I looked, that is largely addressed through the recruiting process.

4th. down

OU/Texas get's the recruits in our conference with us usually coming in 3rd. What does that translate too, hopefully 3rd. place finishes with an occasional outlier year like the Peach. Forget the Rose, different conference, doesn't apply to our current situation.

The UT sunshine pumpers have gotten their wish, UT is on the rise, good for the conference but not the Froggies. You've gotten what you wanted.

Offensive and defensive lines and QB, without them, forget it. The clip of the OU/TEXAS game where the OU offensive line continually destroyed Hager shows the story. Reach that level or be content for 3rd., if that. Oh, and you might as well add in Punter and Kicker like in the recruiting year of '12, Jaden and Ethan Perry.

Last edited:

Realtorfrog

OU/Texas get's the recruits in our conference with us usually coming in 3rd. What does that translate too, hopefully 3rd. place finishes with an occasional outlier year like the Peach. Forget the Rose, different conference, doesn't apply to our current situation.

The UT sunshine pumpers have gotten their wish, UT is on the rise, good for the conference but not the Froggies. You've gotten what you wanted.

Offensive and defensive lines and QB, without them, forget it. The clip of the OU/TEXAS game where the OU offensive line continually destroyed Hager shows the story. Reach that level or be content for 3rd., if that. Oh, and you might as well add in Punter and Kicker like in the recruiting year of '12, Jaden and Ethan Perry.
I think you’ll see after the GA game that tx is the same ol tx.

CountryFrog

Well sure, if we're using Oklahoma as the standard for everything then you could say this entire season was a disaster and this recruiting class is already a disaster because we're probably not going to be any closer to them next year either. I doubt any 3 players in the 2019 recruiting class will be the reason we close the gap or don't unless the three in question are destined to be future 1st round offensive linemen.