• The KillerFrogs

Potential transfer QB targets

CryptoMiner

Lots of speculation since the news finally broke but here are some of the potential targets being mentioned so far (Updated):

Grad transfers:
Jalen Hurts Alabama: OU looks to be the choice and has also visited Maryland and Miami. No TCU visit scheduled yet.

Tyree Jackson 6-7/245 Goes to NFL

Riley Neal 6-5/217 Ball St picked Vandy

Ben Hicks 6-2/203 SMU threw for 9,081 yds, 71 tds and 34 int while completing 56.7% of hiss attempts during his SMU career (Arkansas continues to be the most likely destination)

Potential grad transfer (Not yet declared if they will transfer)
Khalil Tate Arizona (Not transferring)

JUCO transfers
Lowell Narcisse Mississippi Gulf Coast 6-4/195 (originally LSU) signed with UTSA

David Moore Garden City former Memphis QB 6-2/200 signed with Central Michigan

Last edited:

LVH

Obviously Hurts is going to be the top target but so will he be for everyone else. He can basically pick where he wants to go. Him being a Texas guy does help us but it's going to be tough to beat our bigger programs for him

Being the gambler I am I've seen Riley Neal play. Could be a Gardner Minshew type, good player stuck on a bad team with a coaching staff who has no clue.

LSU QBs are interesting. They have wasted so much at that position over the years. I think Narcisse would be worse than Kenny Hill.

netty2424

A very small part of me hopes Sumlin runs Tate off and he wins the Heisman at OU next year. Make it 2 for 2 for old Sumblin
Your hate for Sumlin is more than for OU?

Sumlin is an after thought for me at this point. OU been puttin’ a foot up our arses on the regular. Ready for that to change.

If anything, I’d rather Sumlin see success and let Aggies wallow in that mud.

FrogLifeYo

Serious question. Are the frogs looking to bring in a transfer or stick with what they have?
There’s not a chance in the world that any decent grad transfer, at any position, would come here without a promise of significant playing time. Again we are talking about a guy who’s been the “man” somewhere else. Grad transfers are looking for “last piece of the puzzle” situations..If you can’t find the kind of guy who you know will make you significantly better the minute he steps on campus then IMHO it’s not worth another year of stunting a young 3-4 year player. If we can’t compete for a Big12 title, then I’ll take my chances trying to grow up JR or Max..At some point this program has got to hit on a young QB

jake102

Your hate for Sumlin is more than for OU?

Sumlin is an after thought for me at this point. OU been puttin’ a foot up our arses on the regular. Ready for that to change.

If anything, I’d rather Sumlin see success and let Aggies wallow in that mud.

I hate Aggy. And I anticipate Riley is going to continue to whip us basically every year. Maybe we get lucky like 2014 where we are great, at home and OU is down, but I don't think we can consistently compete against OU as long as Riley is running the ship.

All that to say I would obviously prefer OU to suck, even if it means Sumblin looks smart for ruining Tate