• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

Horny4TCU

Collins had 2 interceptions and no fumbles. Period. Imagine what a team we would have had this year with no QB fumbles.

The terrible game against WVU he had 229 yards and 1TD with no turnovers while the team rushed for negative yards.

He got good experience this year and should be better next year.
If we run the same offense with Collins that we did for Muehlestein, we beat KU and maybe beat WVU. Shoot, if we would have done it for Robinson, we would have beat Tech.

TRF51

I knew this was going to happen and I think Shawn tried to play through his injury this year because he knew this was his year to nail down the starting job. He knew more talented players were coming in behind him and his chance of being the starter next year was declining INT by INT. He is a good kid and a hell of an athlete but he was not accurate with the ball and made bad decisions. The talent is there but it is hard to fix accuracy and decision making. I wish him the best.

BABYFACE

Rogers still isn’t healthy. Unsure yet if the issue will resolve.
That could end up happening. I think it is unlikely that he doesn’t ever fully heal but it could linger on for another or longer is a possibility.

I get you man. I wish I had Nostradamus forecasting ability, but I don’t.

Last edited:

netty2424

If we run the same offense with Collins that we did for Muehlestein, we beat KU and maybe beat WVU. Shoot, if we would have done it for Robinson, we would have beat Tech.
Part of the reason that was so effective is there was no film of it. We basically surprised Okie St with a new offense. We run that 3-4-5 games in a row, its not as effective imo.

BigPurple87

#1 hurts has said he is ok being the backup at bama

#2 if he did transfer it would not be here just be honest with yourself.

#3 I believe he would have to sit out but could be wrong

MCFROG III

I don't follow UH hardly at all, but thought I'd heard that their QB was sitting out the Armed Forces Bowl and assumed it was to "work on preparing for the NFL". I could be very wrong, though. It's happened once before.

King due to injury, and backup (likely) due to bowl would burn his redshirt.

Moose Stuff

#1 hurts has said he is ok being the backup at bama

#2 if he did transfer it would not be here just be honest with yourself.

#3 I believe he would have to sit out but could be wrong

1) He was OK with being the backup THIS YEAR.

2) None of us have any idea.

3) Immediately eligible.

arlington

Sucks for GP and Cumbie..They stuck with that kid WAYYYYY longer than they should have and probably cost us a few games doing so. I definitely don't want a guy at QB so scared of competing for his job that he runs away from a player coming off having drop foot I don't care how highly Rogers is rated, hes not established enough that Robinson should be bailing out before even competing? This is a big problem IMO. This kid has NEVER competed for anything at any level and it shows in how he handles adversity

Wexahu

Sucks for GP and Cumbie..They stuck with that kid WAYYYYY longer than they should have and probably cost us a few games doing so. I definitely don't want a guy at QB so scared of competing for his job that he runs away from a player coming off having drop foot I don't care how highly Rogers is rated, hes not established enough that Robinson should be bailing out before even competing? This is a big problem IMO. This kid has NEVER competed for anything at any level and it shows in how he handles adversity

Well, as has been noted he jumped around to several high schools but I really don’t know if that was a case where he was trying to avoid competition. Don’t know the background relating to that.

Chongo94

Not a fan of this at all and I think it is a big deal. I think Robinson was equal to 2013 Boykin. Lots of potential that hadn't been realized yet. Give him another offseason and spring and I think he could have had a good year.

No idea why so many here are so high on Collins. In the games Collins played he was never better than Robinson. Equal yes, better no. Robinson has a higher upside and more playmaking ability. Collins is a serviceable backup but I dont think he is a QB that can win the Big 12. Look at the QBs who have won the Big 12 lately. Boykin. Mayfield. Murray. Collin Klein.

I seriously thought Robinson was going to win the starting job in 2019 and have a breakout year.

I am guessing this means Hurts is coming in or that Rogers is further along than we think. I'd be really surprised if Duggan was a contender to start right away as good as he looks. GP is not one to start true freshman QBs.

Well I know one area that he was a mile high damn site better than Robinson in, and that’s turnovers, and there is simply no arguing that...

Now, that said, best of luck to Shawn and hope he does very well in his future endeavors.