• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

tetonfrog

As they say, people vote with their dollar, and if there are more crickets than Frog fans in attendance to this Dec 26th game at a baseball stadium then I hope our new AD learns from this for future decisions and doesn't get steam rolled if that is what happened today. He had to cringe before he sent out that Cheez-It bowl hype tweet today. The fanbase obviously didn't get a say today in the decision room, but their thoughts will be seen on December 26th on TV is my gut feeling.

I get that you are upset, but I am not sure you are listening.

1) this is the bowl GP wanted for his players. They never quit during a difficult season & if they wanted Phoenix instead of Houston, then great. Sorry they did not ask for your opinion

2) our AD is not going to argue with GP on this. Hopefully, he will talk to him about analyzing his staff (including his strength & conditioning program) when they are playing golf in Scottsdale.

3) neither bowl game will have a large crowd. As disappointing as the bowl location is for our Texas alums, maybe our California alums will be happy

4) watch it on tv or don’t. In the long run, a 7-6 season is just as [ Finebaum ]ty as a 6-7 season.

Go Frogs! Beat the Bears!

If you really believe CGP was lobbying for the Cheez It bowl you are out of your mind and will believe anything. TCU got picked last whether we like it or not Baylor and OSU were deemed more attractive options. Is it a horrible bowl on a horrible day? Yes. Will TCU struggle to sell tickets? Yes. Should frogs make most out of a bad situation? Yes. But did CGP lobby for the stinking Cheez It bowl? No!!!

froginmn

We travel up north to the in-laws. Everyone comes in town and every second of every day is filled for the 5-7 days we are there. It's the one time a year everybody is in town so it's full tilt (and doesn't include football).
So you're Santa's son in law.

I knew we were close.

BABYFACE

We travel up north to the in-laws. Everyone comes in town and every second of every day is filled for the 5-7 days we are there. It's the one time a year everybody is in town so it's full tilt (and doesn't include football).
It doesn’t include football? Good God man, that is unholy if not darn right sacrilegious to any Texan.

Dogfrog

If you really believe CGP was lobbying for the Cheez It bowl you are out of your mind and will believe anything. TCU got picked last whether we like it or not Baylor and OSU were deemed more attractive options. Is it a horrible bowl on a horrible day? Yes. Will TCU struggle to sell tickets? Yes. Should frogs make most out of a bad situation? Yes. But did CGP lobby for the stinking Cheez It bowl? No!!!

Of all the bowl options Phoenix is more of a true vacation for the players. Less likely to be bothered by family, local media, or fans. Given how this season went I could see GP being OK with this.

MTfrog5

So I have a question about Rhule’s comments on having recruits at the bowl practice. Why does that matter when the signing day is the 19th? If they are having to bring kids to a bowl practice then they didn’t sign in the early signing period correct?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Rhule on ESPNU talking with the hosts about how big it will be to have the recruits in the Houston area come by the baylor practices.
Tell me just one recruit we gained or lost because of bowl practices.

You seem very concerned about the hit to recruiting this will have. We are currently in the low 30’s. Baylor is in the low 40’s. Do you belive they will jump us in the rankings because of a bowl game?

LeagueCityFrog

Go back in this thread where the parings were announced. A person on here said they were in the TCU building when this decision for which bowl game was made. He or she posted that TCU Athletics had secured the Houston Bowl and GP vetoed it. I don't know if it is true or not, but Gary gets what Gary wants and if true, it just sucks for the Frog fans in Texas that wanted to drive to the game and watch us hopefully beat an SEC team. I'll watch the game on TV and support the Frogs as usual, but would have bought multiple tickets if the game was here in Texas on December 27th. TCU athletics seems to be always looking for money to cover the rising costs of the TCU athletes and I think they would have sold a bunch of Texas Bowl tickets vs minimal for the December 26th bowl.

Go back in this thread where the parings were announced. A person on here said they were in the TCU building when this decision for which bowl game was made. He or she posted that TCU Athletics had secured the Houston Bowl and GP vetoed it. I don't know if it is true or not, but Gary gets what Gary wants and if true, it just sucks for the Frog fans in Texas that wanted to drive to the game and watch us hopefully beat an SEC team. I'll watch the game on TV and support the Frogs as usual, but would have bought multiple tickets if the game was here in Texas on December 27th. TCU athletics seems to be always looking for money to cover the rising costs of the TCU athletes and I think they would have sold a bunch of Texas Bowl tickets vs minimal for the December 26th bowl.
That is the biggest bunch of hogwash! CGP didn't veto Texas Bowl, frogs got what they got and that's picked last. Any tall tales otherwise are cover for getting picked last. There is no way TCU turns down Texas Bowl where they sell tickets and get butts in seat to go to Cheez It Bowl where no seats are sold and on a horrible day. It didn't happen.

Boomhauer

Are you Santa Claus?

Dead

200.gif

Dead again. This gif is the perfect illustration of KF.c

Huge shoutout to @LVH for creating this awesome thread. It’s kinda like a short story spinoff of HASMSP.

Very HASMSP indeed. One of the more enjoyable threads on here in a while.