• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

LeagueCityFrog

Two more TCU football nuggets about this weak bowl decision. Gary, so far, is 0-2 in the desert in bowl games. The last time TCU went to Houston and played a bowl, we had a sophomore quarterback who somewhat struggled through the season. TCU won that bowl game, Gary took the mike during the trophy presentation and somewhat apologized for that season to the fans that were there and ended it saying," We are getting back to Frog Ball next year" and then dropped mike and went back to work. That game was the spring board to the Fiesta and Rose bowls the following two seasons. Just saying for you superstitious coaches out there.

Go Frogs.

asleep003

Going to Phoenix! No sense whining about something I have no control over. It's a positive opponent to play for the team. A very winnable game. We've already played 2 Bowls of the past 3 in Texas and time for the Seniors to enjoy this one. Besides the Texas Bowl is at the bottom of the Big12's Bowl tie-in's Totem Pole.

Last edited:

Purp

My mother, who may not see another Christmas, lives in Phoenix and we are bringing our kids to see her for the holiday. Literally the only bowl we can attend is in Phoenix. Am I still an idiot?

-or-

My wife and I use bowl games as vacation without the kids. A Scottsdale golf resort in December sounds better than a random Marriott in Memphis or Houston for that endeavor. Am I still an idiot?
Yep. But those are valid reasons to want Phoenix. You're an idiot for other reasons.

EUROFROG

I was hoping for the Texas Bowl for purely selfish reasons. My family had already committed to be in Houston during Christmas (from the 23rd - 28th). It’s the only bowl we can make...I wish Coach P and the Frogs well! Go Frogs! Beat Cal!

I was hoping for the Cheezit Bowl for purely selfish reasons. My family had already committed to being in San Diego for the holidays. Its the only bowl we can make. I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS BOWL SELECTION. Looking forward to Phoenix.

jake102

Don't care. Won't go to the game, won't even watch the game since its on Dec 26. Hope we sit every sophomore and junior who has experience and we need for next year (Bethley, Reagor, Gladney, Niang, etc etc) and play every senior and non-RS freshmen. Let the kids party as hard as they want, maybe win, maybe get destroyed, doesn't matter.

Use the practices to get better for next year and recruit DEs.

East Coast

Tier 1
Pissed off because of which bowl our 6-6 team is heading to? Kinda silly isn't it? Worst case scenario is you can't go and you can pocket the money...or is that best case?

Latest posts