• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

PurpleSouthpaw

I honestly don't understand the idea of "getting screwed" out of the Texas Bowl. Maybe I'm missing something but I've never viewed the Texas Bowl as something to hope for in the first place. I feel like we got screwed out of a NY6 game last year because those are games that are clearly better than other bowls. I don't feel like anyone views the Texas Bowl as better or worse than Liberty or Cheez It. Those are all just games that get played.

I understand from the selfish standpoint of fans who want to go to a closer destination but as far as the team is actually concerned, I don't feel like missing out on the Texas Bowl is anything that they will care about and will very likely enjoy Phoenix more anyway.

We didn't get screwed out of a NY6 game last year. The only guaranteed tie-in with the Big 12 is the Sugar Bowl. We didn't go there last year because it was hosting a semi-final game, hence no other NY6 game was obligated to take us and there were other teams ahead of us with better records or tie-ins. Texas got Sugar this year because it is not a play-off game, therefore the tie-in requires Sugar to take them. It was just bad timing for us being 2nd place last year is all.

gdu

Should be a fun destination for players who deserve it after battling hard the last 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I can't imagine many frog fans will be making the trip due to the Dec. 26th date.

Would love to head out and play Troon North and We-ko-pa again but Dec. 26 is a no go for us this year with 2 little kids and family in town.

CountryFrog

We didn't get screwed out of a NY6 game last year. The only guaranteed tie-in with the Big 12 is the Sugar Bowl. We didn't go there last year because it was hosting a semi-final game, hence no other NY6 game was obligated to take us and there were other teams ahead of us with better records or tie-ins. Texas got Sugar this year because it is not a play-off game, therefore the tie-in requires Sugar to take them. It was just bad timing for us being 2nd place last year is all.
Yea I understand the mechanics of it. I think we got screwed because the committee shouldn't have dropped us out of the top 12 just because we made our CCG and lost to OU, while rewarding teams who didn't even make their CCG and moving them ahead of us.

Therefore I think we were screwed by the committee yet again last year.

Virginia Frog

I Would like a bowl game in Hawaii or the Bahamas.
The Bahamas Bowl (Nassau) is a pretty grimy place. Many experienced cruisers don't even bother tho "get off" when it's a port of call. Now if they had a St Barts (St Barth's) Bowl, they'd have something! (One downside is that they only take payment in Euros, no dollars like most Caribbean ports.)

finafrog

Funny thing is that I was headed to Academy for a couple of heavier dumbbells today (not so subtle workout brag). Looks like I’ll be heading to Dick’s Sporting Goods instead. Petty? Yup, but don’t really care.

define "heavy" haha.

i did buy a bike for my son just yesterday from academy. i would not blame them too much for the bowl selection.