• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Eight

And I’ll add that I’m equally amused by the differences between the people that clearly have actual contacts and the people who clearly don’t but just think they’re super smart.

just to clarify what should be obviously apparent....i am a dumbass w no connections and many alcohol driven opinions though since the trip from washington a few might be edible fueled

Ron Swanson

The realization I have come to as the older I get, is how much I really don’t know but I thought I knew in my younger years.
SplendidDeafeningHammerheadshark-size_restricted.gif

South Texas Frog

That’s admin thinking for how easy it is to get out there.

CGPs desires are for what’s best football wise.

Christmas doesn’t matter for the team because they’ve spent 15 or so christmases away from their families with bowls. They just celebrate it when they get back or in the road.

Players always want post-Christmas bowl game as they typically get (or used to get) a travel check, and depending on where you live, it can be a nice chunk of change for a college kid.

McFroggin

Houston is a better tv watched bowl, better opponent, fewer travel costs, more money, better attended, better recruiting ground, and close enough for family of athletes to attend.

Anyone wanting Phoenix on Dec 26 is an idiot.

LeagueCityFrog

I would trade a blowout win against Cal for a tough, exciting game against Auburn. Donati needs to put his foot down on this one and let Gary know who is the boss.

Wink wink...Jokes aside...no Cheez it Bowl... that will look so stupid on The Carter's inner facade with the other bowls we've been to.

AddRan Clark

I would trade a blowout win against Cal for a tough, exciting game against Auburn. Donati needs to put his foot down on this one and let Gary know who is the boss.

Wink wink...Jokes aside...no Cheez it Bowl... that will look so stupid on The Carter's inner facade with the other bowls we've been to.

Is it really any worse than the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl???

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Houston is a better tv watched bowl, better opponent, fewer travel costs, more money, better attended, better recruiting ground, and close enough for family of athletes to attend.

Anyone wanting Phoenix on Dec 26 is an idiot.
My mother, who may not see another Christmas, lives in Phoenix and we are bringing our kids to see her for the holiday. Literally the only bowl we can attend is in Phoenix. Am I still an idiot?

-or-

My wife and I use bowl games as vacation without the kids. A Scottsdale golf resort in December sounds better than a random Marriott in Memphis or Houston for that endeavor. Am I still an idiot?