• The KillerFrogs

Last Frog Club Lunch Report

Moose Stuff

There’s always a position where we’ve been thin. That’s just reality. You have to hope the strength of other positions makes up for it. In this case if Ross is Ross and Gladney comes back we’re gonna be loaded at DT and in the secondary.

jake102

Which year was it that walk-on Hasley played significant minutes at LB? That was a thin damn year

Also 2012 on the OL when we converted a TE to tackle due to lack of bodies

Also this season with RBs

That's the safety we are referencing in 2015.

That was 2011 I'm pretty sure. He did a fine job at RT, although the competition in 2011 was really weak.

jake102

There’s always a position where we’ve been thin. That’s just reality. You have to hope the strength of other positions makes up for it. In this case if Ross is Ross and Gladney comes back we’re gonna be loaded at DT and in the secondary.

Yep. IMO, the two most important positions in GPs defense will be stacked (CB and DT). And safety should be quite strong as well. Just have to figure out how to hide the middle of the defense.

Mean Purple

"Said coaches READ this and other boards and they know issues and what they are going to address in the off season."

And my wife says being on this board is weird. Ha!

P.S. GP.... thanks for offering a punter, please offer a place kicker.
All coaches say that. I doubt they spend much time looking at boards. At least they better not, or that would explain some things. But just in case they are... Get A Better Strength And Conditioning Program.

Wexahu

Yep. IMO, the two most important positions in GPs defense will be stacked (CB and DT). And safety should be quite strong as well. Just have to figure out how to hide the middle of the defense.

I just noticed Julius Lewis was a junior this year, for some reason I always had it in my mind he was a senior. We will be stacked at CB if Gladney stays.

FrogLifeYo

I think we’re fine at LB barring injuries. I’m convinced Wallow and Wilson are gonna be realy good.
Wallow and Gaines get the ball faster than any pair we’ve had in a while...We just need to teach them to actually wrap up and finish..

LB is one of those positions we can find guys..Being strong at the DT makes a huge difference in regard to LB play..

Sebastian S

The coaching staff needs to learn to adjust to higher recruited players and all the things that come with it. Both good and bad.

The jerry hughes and andy dalton's probably didn't seem as talented then but they were probably very coachable.

Now we are getting better players who may not have a chip on their shoulder because they were praised and put on a pedestal for as long as they can remember. Those players are probably tougher to coach/manage.

texas_sicilian

In good shape with them back? Definitely. Wouldn’t say loaded, as we’re pretty thin in both positions depth wise.

BABYFACE

In good shape with them back? Definitely. Wouldn’t say loaded, as we’re pretty thin in both positions depth wise.
Disagree. DT and CB has some of the most depth. Quality depth is an unknown but should be solid.

At DT, Blacklock, Bethley, Cooper and Ellis. Then Fillatonga and 2019 recruit, Karter Johnson. Seems solid to me.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

Just my op:

2019 O:

1)Plenty of bodies at OL but will need to establish a decent starting group with quality backups.

2) QB, who will it be? SR, MC, JR, or MD?

3) RB, will deep with a lot of quality.

4) WR, plenty of able bodied. Young ‘uns need to step up compliment Reagor. Barber, Hunt, and Davis could solidify things.

2019 D:

1) DT is solid.

2) DE is a bit scary. Mathis and Bowen return with at least 4 newcomers in the 2019 class.

3) LB should be solid but young. They will have depth.

4) CB should be solid again. I am looking for Daniels to step as a starter opposite Gladney.

5) Lots of young quality depth to go with Gaines. This group should get better as the 2019 season progresses.

Solidying the OL and the DE position with be pivotal IMO.