• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU to Memphis? Longhorns to NOLA? Bowl projections for Frogs and Big 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU to Memphis? Longhorns to NOLA? Bowl projections for Frogs and Big 12

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

TCU is going to a bowl game for the 16th time in Gary Patterson’s 18 seasons.

But where? The bowl projections have the Frogs landing in multiple spots and we’ll know for sure on Sunday.

A lot depends on how the Big 12 championship game between Texas and Oklahoma unfolds. OU is fighting for a spot in the College Football Playoff, something that Patterson made clear the Sooners deserve if they’re a one-loss Big 12 champion.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article222237295.html

TCU2002

If the Texas Bowl committee is really going to "protect" the Aggies from having to match up against another Texas team, that is some kind of BS...

Is the Texas Bowl committee stuffed with Aggies? Seriously, what incentive do they have to go with a lower interest matchup involving a mediocre Okie State when they can get the blood pumping by pitting the Aggies against an old SWC rival?

LSU Game Attendee

If the Texas Bowl committee is really going to "protect" the Aggies from having to match up against another Texas team, that is some kind of BS...

Is the Texas Bowl committee stuffed with Aggies? Seriously, what incentive do they have to go with a lower interest matchup involving a mediocre Okie State when they can get the blood pumping by pitting the Aggies against an old SWC rival?
The TX Bowl committee is irrelevant here. The SEC waits for opponents to be placed, then picks its particpants to give the SEC the best chance to max bowl victories.

Maybe aggie direct whining to the conference has some influence. If anything, this should be favorable for a Frog-Aggie matchup as TCU is abnormally beaten-up/ turnover prone/snakebit this year, and tamu is looking pretty strong. It's a great opportunity for the ags to get this game out of the way for the next several years and extend their enormous streak.

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

If there is going to be any reason why Aggie won't be in Houston is because the school is up the street, and that decreases the economic impact to the city. That's why I rule out us being in the Armed Forces Bowl and why Aggie certainly won't play bu in Houston. While the bowls want to get money from ticket sales and advertising, they certainly aren't unmindful of having a host city get paid, too. Which is also why I knew we would get hosed in the CFP in 2014. They wanted two "outside" schools (and so did every N Texas mayor, hotel, and restaurant manager). But I digress.

Purp

The old chestnut: BU fans arrive at the bowl location with a $20 bill and a copy of the Ten Commandments and while they are they they don’t beak either
I think they've jettisoned a few of the commandments in recent years. I think 6, 7, 9, & 10 are definitely out now and a few others may be on life support. In fact, Briles famously slayed #3 in the Cotton Bowl when he admonished his injured player to get up.