• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

ShreveFrog

You have to have ccg's to determine a conference champion in every P5 league not named BIgXII. So they won't go away. If you expand the playoffs to 8, you render those ccg's meaningless. I for one am looking forward to them this Saturday, and the drama that unfolds for the playoff. I think after the ccg's we can figure out who the top 4 teams are in the country. Yes, they are quasi-first round playoff games.

LeagueCityFrog

How are they gonna justify jumping OSU over OU (assuming both win) when OU is playing a higher ranked opponent this week?

Ohio State lost by 30 points to Purdue.

OU barely lost by 3 points to their rival Texas which they have a chance to avenge Saturday.

OU is going to the Playoff and Frogs will hopefully get into the Texas Bowl as a result.

Wexahu

How are they gonna justify jumping OSU over OU (assuming both win) when OU is playing a higher ranked opponent this week?

Exactly. If they wanted to “set it up” so OSU can pass OU, why wouldn’t they just rank OSU ahead of OU this week? If there’s one thing that’s certain, it’s that no matter what they do, it will be called a setup, or rigged. 12 people are simply incapable of picking the teams they think deserve a top 4 ranking without having an agenda. It’s ridiculous.

Pharm Frog

Exactly. If they wanted to “set it up” so OSU can pass OU, why wouldn’t they just rank OSU ahead of OU this week? If there’s one thing that’s certain, it’s that no matter what they do, it will be called a setup, or rigged. 12 people are simply incapable of picking the teams they think deserve a top 4 ranking without having an agenda. It’s ridiculous.

What if Clemson loses its championship game? Who’s deserving then? Which four?

Dogfrog

Of course we will never know but would be mildly interesting to know what your personal stake is in all this.

Wexahu: Honestly? Absolutely none, other than I'm rooting for whatever creates the most controversy.

Wexahu: Care to answer the question? Tell me who should have been ranked higher than UM going into last week, and then let's compare the resumes.[/QUOTE]

If as you say you want the most controversy as opposed to what’s fair I would guess you work in ESPN or CFP social media Propaganda Dept.

ShreveFrog

tOSU will annihalate Northwestern. OU will struggle to beat Texas because of bad defense. tOSU deemed the better, hotter team after week 13. Purdue game is ancient history. tOSU to the playoffs. (Psst, I’ve seen this movie before.)

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Why did they have TCU over FSU in 2014 and then 4 spots behind after FSU struggled?

tetonfrog

tOSU will annihalate Northwestern. OU will struggle to beat Texas because of bad defense. tOSU feemed the better, hotter team after week 13. Purdue game is ancient history. tOSU to the playoffs. (Psst, I’ve seen this movie before.)

If it was TCU again, I would agree with you. It's not. Like it or not, Boomers are blue bloods. OSU ain't passing them.

Maybe we will get six or eight teams in the playoff soon because the Big 10 is not gonna like getting left out.

Why did they have TCU over FSU in 2014 and then 4 spots behind after FSU struggled?
Their rationale for jumping teams was those teams resume

Ohio state blew out a highly ranked wisconsin
FSU beat a highly ranked GT
Baylor beat a highly ranked KSU

TCU’s quality wins didn’t improve by beating ISU. Both Bu and TCU were harmed by OU losing to OSU and dropping out of the top 25.

I don’t agree with it but the resume argument is at least semi making sense

Still think we need eight teams so only 2 loss P5 teams and non champs have to win beauty pageants.

New member Dr Rumack or alternate Wex login? Tin foil firmly in place. LOL
No kidding going to have to ignore him too. Soooo tired of this topic. Who gives a flying darn until the final rankings and then who gives a darn who is in the ESPN SEC invitational. I’ll not be surprised if they put 3 SEC teams in. After all those are quality losses to SEC teams. Darn a bunch of them. Ive given 0 darns since 2014.

LSU Game Attendee

You have to have ccg's to determine a conference champion in every P5 league not named BIgXII. So they won't go away. If you expand the playoffs to 8, you render those ccg's meaningless. I for one am looking forward to them this Saturday, and the drama that unfolds for the playoff. I think after the ccg's we can figure out who the top 4 teams are in the country. Yes, they are quasi-first round playoff games.
I agree, provided that Notre Dame is left out of this year's invitational tournament.

TCUdirtbag

Saying they’d be meaningless is wrong. Assuming each P5 and the highest ranked G5 got an auto bid , Washington, Utah, Northwestern, Texas, UCF and Pitt would all be looking to get in. None of those teams are getting in under the current system. You’d still be watching this weekend.