• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Hindsight is awesome. Going into that game UM had a 7-point loss on the road to a team that is still undefeated and had won their 8 conference games by an average of 24 points. Their defense was giving up on average less than 12 ppg. I'm curious where they should have been ranked if they were way overrated?

I don't recall ANYBODY having a problem with where Michigan was ranked going into Saturday's game. Literally nobody. And now it was obvious that they were overrated?

Bertrand Russell couldn’t have said it better. Well done

Bob Sugar

I read a good column from Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports about the CFP. Basically saying the CFP does not need expansion it just needs fixing. The talking heads say no need to expand Play Offs because Conference Championship Games are quasi play offs but we all know that isn't true. His suggestion is the elimination of the championship games in favor of four real play off games (at home sites) where the winner advances. Makes way to much sense for me.

So he does not want to expand it it 8 teams, but then he wants to add quarterfinals?

tenor.gif

Purp

Star Telegram says no Texas Bowl as expected

Maybe someone should tweet that Baylor hardly sent anybody to their first ever BcS/NY6 bowl after decades of mediocrity. They also hardly sent anybody to the Cotton Bowl within 100 miles of campus. I doubt any bowl committee really expects Baylor to travel well even after a 1 win season. Maybe then Drew would realize his rationale for Baylor to Houston makes as much sense a basketball helmet. If it's not us in Houston I'd bet the Pokes get that nod.

bronco

So he does not want to expand it it 8 teams, but then he wants to add quarterfinals?

tenor.gif

He calls it reforming. If there are 10 teams playing this weekend in conference championship games (in what the talking heads will tell you is a play off game even though several of the teams playing this weekend have no chance of getting in the CFP) a "reformed" playoff would only have eight teams playing (conference championship games would no longer exist) and the winners would advance to the next round. If Northwestern, Pitt, Texas, Washington or Utah win Saturday chances are they will not be in the four team play off.

Just make it 8 teams with the current selection criteria but make it to where unbeaten g5 teams can get in

Fixes virtually every year we’ve seen in the last couple of decades

netty2424

The city that I felt unsafe on the popular beaten paths was San Francisco. However, not really any issues on the Wharf.

Bums will almost mug you for change, very aggressive. Oakland gang members are allowed to run free at night and harass tourists. The cops just stand around and let it happen. SF for all it’s charm and beauty, is also an example of what goes wrong when you let the inmates run the asylum.
Downtown San Fran is a bit unnerving. There’s a dividing line, employed vs unemployed. You can spot the employed bc they all walk around downtown with earbuds in their ears staring down at their phones as to not make eye contact. The unemployed, or homeless are as you stated, very aggressive in asking for money. Mental health is a big issue with homeless everywhere, but moreso there than I’ve really seen anywhere else.

Not how I would want to spend my day to day to and from work.

Dogfrog

Wexahu:

I don't recall ANYBODY having a problem with where Michigan was ranked going into Saturday's game. Literally nobody. And now it was obvious that they were overrated? I'm not saying I think Michigan is some awesome team, but going into that game, relative to other team's resumes, they were probably ranked exactly where they should have been. Name a team that should have been ranked ahead of them and I'll show you a bigger wart on that resume than UMs.[/QUOTE]

Of course we will never know but would be mildly interesting to know what your personal stake is in all this.

Wexahu

Wexahu:

I don't recall ANYBODY having a problem with where Michigan was ranked going into Saturday's game. Literally nobody. And now it was obvious that they were overrated? I'm not saying I think Michigan is some awesome team, but going into that game, relative to other team's resumes, they were probably ranked exactly where they should have been. Name a team that should have been ranked ahead of them and I'll show you a bigger wart on that resume than UMs.

Of course we will never know but would be mildly interesting to know what your personal stake is in all this.[/QUOTE]

Honestly? Absolutely none, other than I'm rooting for whatever creates the most controversy.

Care to answer the question? Tell me who should have been ranked higher than UM going into last week, and then let's compare the resumes.

Of course we will never know but would be mildly interesting to know what your personal stake is in all this.

Honestly? Absolutely none, other than I'm rooting for whatever creates the most controversy.

Care to answer the question? Tell me who should have been ranked higher than UM going into last week, and then let's compare the resumes.[/QUOTE]
The only controversy that will help change anything is the Big Ten getting screwed.

Pharm Frog

Care to answer the question? Tell me who should have been ranked higher than UM going into last week, and then let's compare the resumes.
The only controversy that will help change anything is the Big Ten getting screwed.[/QUOTE]

Still think it will take the SEC getting screwed but that would mean screwing itself.

Wexahu

[/QUOTE]The only controversy that will help change anything is the Big Ten getting screwed.[/QUOTE]

That might help spur some change, but I think you could take "screwed" and replace it with just being "left out". The Big 10 could very well miss the CFP again this year, but that wouldn't mean they got screwed, it would just mean there were four non-Big 10 teams with better resumes. Just like if OU gets left out, doesn't mean they were necessarily screwed.

Every time something doesn't go the way you want it to, it's not always the result of getting the shaft or getting screwed.

The only controversy that will help change anything is the Big Ten getting screwed.[/QUOTE]

That might help spur some change, but I think you could take "screwed" and replace it with just being "left out". The Big 10 could very well miss the CFP again this year, but that wouldn't mean they got screwed, it would just mean there were four non-Big 10 teams with better resumes. Just like if OU gets left out, doesn't mean they were necessarily screwed.

Every time something doesn't go the way you want it to, it's not always the result of getting the shaft or getting screwed.[/QUOTE]
Forgive my desire for Buckeye tears