• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

NewFrogFan

The LSU loss just helped a lot. If OU loses to Texas again, you still gotta figure an 11-2 OU is ranked ahead of 9-3 PSU, LSU, UF, & UK.

I’m more concerned that tOSU pulls like 2014 and gets in CFP over OU. That would throw a wrench in my prediction

Several notes on this. ESPN started push for OSU in CFP b4 lights went out on scoreboard. Not sure how CFP justifies taking OSU given what happened b4 Michigan, but then again they change the diatribe and “data points” every year. Michigan was obviously way over rated. I dont understand the comments about defense as long as OU scores more than they give up.........seems to be NO TALK of the 39 points OSU gave up at home against a team with no offense. Georgia beat OU last year with offense, not defense. Lastly, call me old school but this BS about 4 “best” teams has to change, losing your last game should have consequences. Alabama loses to Georgia, that should be it if there is a Conf champ with same or better record. Does not matter what they did the other 12 weeks, IMO. Time for the old computer rankings to come back, expand the playoff and make the bowls “bid” to host playoff games, just like Superbowls.

So maybe our win over Baylor gives us the nod for Texas Bowl? That, and maybe they remember our Alamo Bowls.
The Big 12 only uses rankings and standings to pick the NY6/Playoff bowls. After that the bowls simply draft which available team they want. Beating Baylor and Osu mattered for bowl eligibility but that’s it.

I think OU and Texas will take up the Sugar Bowl and one other NY6 or playoff bowl regardless of who wins. I beleive the Sugar Bowl uses Big 12 standings to replace a champ that goes to the playoff which would mean Ut as they’d have an extra win more than WV. Outside chance of WVU if the Sugar goes by playoff rankings instead of Big 12 standings.

ISU and WV probably take the Alamo and Camping World bowls. From there BU/TCU/OSU in any order get the Liberty, Texas, and CheezIt bowls depending on who they want. For instance if I am wrong and ISU isn’t off the board the Liberty might pass over them since they went last year.

Only way any Big 12 team goes to the Armed Forces bowl is if crazy things happen on championship game weekend and the B12 only gets one team in the NY6.

dawg

Several notes on this. ESPN started push for OSU in CFP b4 lights went out on scoreboard.

They just need to change the name of this thing to what everyone with a functioning brain knows it to be: "The ESPN Invitation Tournament." The current playoff system and committee is as bent as, well, I can't think of anything that compares to its level of corruption.

I was really hoping Washington St, OU, and tOSU/Michigan finished 12-1 while Georgia upset Bama. Which would have led to ESPN selecting Clemson, Georgia, ND, and Bama as its final four, bypassing three conference champions for an independent and a non-champion. That scenario would have made Jim Delaney's head explode and force the expansion to eight teams (since he only got the B1G onboard with a playoff after the LSU/Bama rematch in 2011). Eight teams makes too much sense: five P5 champs, highest ranked G5 champ, and two at large bids.

Purp

The a-hole/arrogance quotient is sooooo much lower in Houston...
Should have added #sarcasmfont to the end of that. I will not dispute the many differences that make Houston better than Dallas. Dallas absolutely sucks in every way. Fort Worth, on the other hand, is far superior to both. And the differences between El Paso and SA are also stark. I thought I was playing to how obvious that was.

Wexahu

Michigan was obviously way over rated.

Hindsight is awesome. Going into that game UM had a 7-point loss on the road to a team that is still undefeated and had won their 8 conference games by an average of 24 points. Their defense was giving up on average less than 12 ppg. I'm curious where they should have been ranked if they were way overrated?

I don't recall ANYBODY having a problem with where Michigan was ranked going into Saturday's game. Literally nobody. And now it was obvious that they were overrated? I'm not saying I think Michigan is some awesome team, but going into that game, relative to other team's resumes, they were probably ranked exactly where they should have been. Name a team that should have been ranked ahead of them and I'll show you a bigger wart on that resume than UMs.

jake102

Didn't want to start a new thread.... ESPN has an article today on how offense has taken over and it includes this little note:

OK, this isn't the first time that defense has gone dormant. I understand that outside of TCU, they haven't played defense in the Big 12 since Ndamukong Suhstuck his hand in the ground at Nebraska. I get that no-huddle offenses hold an advantage. You don't have to know an X from an O to know the damage an offense can inflict by spreading the field.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ginia-oklahoma-lsu-texas-weekend-defense-died

Purp

Didn't want to start a new thread.... ESPN has an article today on how offense has taken over and it includes this little note:

OK, this isn't the first time that defense has gone dormant. I understand that outside of TCU, they haven't played defense in the Big 12 since Ndamukong Suhstuck his hand in the ground at Nebraska. I get that no-huddle offenses hold an advantage. You don't have to know an X from an O to know the damage an offense can inflict by spreading the field.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ginia-oklahoma-lsu-texas-weekend-defense-died
That wasn't defense. It was assault. But it was fun to watch when it happened against Texas, Baylor, and Teck.

ftwfrog

Playing devil’s advocate:
Maybe a bowl will “choose” OSU over TCU because they will light up the score board. They’ve played some quite entertaining, exciting games this year and have some good wins in their pocket. Let’s face it, we got to 6 wins and it was a huge feat for the frogs but I’m guessing we’ll play a 24-20 type of game if we can.

bronco

Several notes on this. ESPN started push for OSU in CFP b4 lights went out on scoreboard. Not sure how CFP justifies taking OSU given what happened b4 Michigan, but then again they change the diatribe and “data points” every year. Michigan was obviously way over rated. I dont understand the comments about defense as long as OU scores more than they give up.........seems to be NO TALK of the 39 points OSU gave up at home against a team with no offense. Georgia beat OU last year with offense, not defense. Lastly, call me old school but this BS about 4 “best” teams has to change, losing your last game should have consequences. Alabama loses to Georgia, that should be it if there is a Conf champ with same or better record. Does not matter what they did the other 12 weeks, IMO. Time for the old computer rankings to come back, expand the playoff and make the bowls “bid” to host playoff games, just like Superbowls.

I read a good column from Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports about the CFP. Basically saying the CFP does not need expansion it just needs fixing. The talking heads say no need to expand Play Offs because Conference Championship Games are quasi play offs but we all know that isn't true. His suggestion is the elimination of the championship games in favor of four real play off games (at home sites) where the winner advances. Makes way to much sense for me.

CardFrog

The city that I felt unsafe on the popular beaten paths was San Francisco. However, not really any issues on the Wharf.

Bums will almost mug you for change, very aggressive. Oakland gang members are allowed to run free at night and harass tourists. The cops just stand around and let it happen. SF for all it’s charm and beauty, is also an example of what goes wrong when you let the inmates run the asylum.
Sanctuary city at its best.