• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

atofrog

Contributor
Isn’t this fun!?! Lots of speculation and expert opinions. Should make for a lot of sports talk trying to predict final scenarios.

I’m just very proud of our team and coaches for finishing strong and getting into another bowl game...does not matter where, we are playing one more game.

I do not have any insider knowledge and waiting for next Sunday like everyone else. But I did want to clarify something I read here earlier. Outside the CFP and Sugar game(s), the Big 12 bowl partners do NOT have to select based on final standings. They are free to choose whatever Big 12 team is still available. The only “selection order” is which bowl picks first and which picks last.

In other words, Alamo has first selection after the Sugar auto bid. The Alamo could theoretically select TCU if they thought our team would provide the most ticket sales and best matchup. This is why it is always important for TCU to sell our allotment of required tickets (sorry, self-serving plug).

Big 12 Bowl Partners
Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-it
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces

The above info is directly based on Big 12 bowl procedure link below.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211718886

Thanks for your support this season!

Go Frogs!

BS!

This team is up there with the Rose, Peach, and alamo 1&2.

They'd love one more game at Carter in front of TCU nation and their families.

Trip to Memphis or Phoenix the day after xmas stinks.

The Carter would be great.
I have no inside information but I disagree. I think the players would rather have a trip. I agree Tempe/Phoenix on the 26th would be the least desirable for me but I doubt it would bother the team. The point is moot because of all the bowls TCU is going to play in, Armed Services Bowl ain’t one

Dogfrog

Ask them where they stayed and what they did because I’ve tried multiple locations in that town and each one was awful.

I used to travel there for business and have stayed at Peabody and there is also a Westin on Beale. Would do that if just me and wife but maybe not with family. If I went to Liberty Bowl would seriously consider staying in Nashville and driving three hours to Memphis. More flight options in Nashville also.

dawg

OU in the Playoff means $10 million for the conference coffers vs Texas winning and $8 million for them going to the Sugar Bowl and OU going to a different NY6 Bowl.

Option 1 OU wins the Big XII Championship Game
OU Playoff Game: $6 Million plus option for more money for the Big XII if they keep winning.
UT: NY6 game $4 Million, which CDC will make happen for 10-3 Horns, that he didn't make happen last season for his 10-3 Horned Frogs.
Hopefully this ensures TCU vs SEC in the Texas Bowl.

If OU wins, then Texas finishes 9-4. No way a four-loss team is getting picked for a NY6 Bowl, no matter what CDC does.

Froglaw

I have no inside information but I disagree. I think the players would rather have a trip. I agree Tempe/Phoenix on the 26th would be the least desirable for me but I doubt it would bother the team. The point is moot because of all the bowls TCU is going to play in, Armed Services Bowl ain’t one

Probably right, but I remember telling Mobile Bowl the Frogs did not want the invitation because we wanted to stay home.

We'd pack the stadium.

Dogfrog

If OU wins, then Texas finishes 9-4. No way a four-loss team is getting picked for a NY6 Bowl, no matter what CDC does.

CDC would retell them his DeLoss Dodd’s /Big 12 yarn. If no luck there, he would put on a clown suit and make balloon animals.

Wexahu

Normally I'd agree, but this has been a really odd year. There are only eight P5 teams (including ND) left with two or less losses so three teams with three or more losses will make a NY6 with UCF. If a team like Texas doesn't go they'd have to take 3-loss teams that didn't even make their CCG, which isn't all that attractive either.

Pharm Frog

I used to travel there for business and have stayed at Peabody and there is also a Westin on Beale. Would do that if just me and wife but maybe not with family. If I went to Liberty Bowl would seriously consider staying in Nashville and driving three hours to Memphis. More flight options in Nashville also.

Precisely what I'd do.

Spike

Ask them where they stayed and what they did because I’ve tried multiple locations in that town and each one was awful.

In 2002 we stayed at a La Quinta for about $40 a night and it was decent. Last year stayed somewhere in far east Arkansas, drove an hour or so that morning to get there.