• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Post Game Speech

FrogLifeYo

He often mentions hints that he’s not liked by all his players...I always find it strange that he brings it up..Often makes me wonder if there’s a little bit of a locker room divide going on. I know he can be tough to play for. He’s demanding and is probably the first guy to hold some of these young players accountable in their entire life...I love GP and it was fun watching him on the sidelines last night

MTfrog5

He often mentions hints that he’s not liked by all his players...I always find it strange that he brings it up..Often makes me wonder if there’s a little bit of a locker room divide going on. I know he can be tough to play for. He’s demanding and is probably the first guy to hold some of these young players accountable in their entire life...I love GP and it was fun watching him on the sidelines last night
Agreed. I talked to a safety that played in the MWC years and he said it was eye opening and that he didn’t even want to talk to Patterson until he was a junior. Then it clicked and to this day he would run thru a brick wall for him. He said it’s something players have to figure out that Patterson is just trying to get the most out of the players and push them to be the best person on and off the field. More than a few players it doesn’t click for them.

netty2424

Interesting to hear him vocalize it like that, but there’s not a coach in the country who’s entire team likes them. Only so many reps to go around and players want them. Seasons are long and emotions run high. GP is on the higher end of being emotionally charged and not every player responds well to that.

But I’m not sure I’d say there’s a locker room divide, but more so individuals who not happy with their situations.

Bill Bozeat

Go watch Tom Coughlin it's Football Life. And see what Michael Strahan had to say about him.
Similar to how some must feel about GP...

But in the end, not all get it. Only the fortunate.

Mean Purple

Agreed. I talked to a safety that played in the MWC years and he said it was eye opening and that he didn’t even want to talk to Patterson until he was a junior. Then it clicked and to this day he would run thru a brick wall for him. He said it’s something players have to figure out that Patterson is just trying to get the most out of the players and push them to be the best person on and off the field. More than a few players it doesn’t click for them.
THIS ^^^^^^

I have heard multiple upper classman talk about this in interviews. They all pointed out that all of the sudden the player figures out that, "hey, if I listen and do what the coaches tell me, I'll have success". They all said that when they learned to focus on what the coaches wanted them to focus on, their play was way better.

And yes, for some of the players, this is the first time they are really held accountable on major areas.

robbroyy

Sounds like the team as a whole had that problem until the last few weeks. Bunch of highly recruited young guys who’ve never been criticized. Suddenly they’re told they have to be better and don’t like hearing it.

Hope the last 2 weeks are a precursor for next year learning to put the team first.

Moose Stuff

You would hear the same from Rice baseball players about Wayne Graham. FWIW, it’s pretty easy for me to come up with a list of some guys who aren’t happy with him.

MTfrog5

You would hear the same from Rice baseball players about Wayne Graham. FWIW, it’s pretty easy for me to come up with a list of some guys who aren’t happy with him.
I’ve met more people that don’t like Wayne than do like him. One of my best friends described him as “someone who [hundinnen ] every day because it isn’t 1950 anymore”

Moose Stuff

I’ve met more people that don’t like Wayne than do like him. One of my best friends described him as “someone who [hundinnen ] every day because it isn’t 1950 anymore”

Most of the players who spend 4-5 years with him will go to war for him. I can totally sympatinze with those that don’t like him though.

Frog DJ

Oh my goodness! God has blessed our beloved alma mater with one of the greatest coaches and finest men in the history of college football.

I try my best to cherish every year, game and day TCU enjoys the leadership of Gary Patterson. I don't want to consider a future without him.

Thank you coach! This season might be the best job of coaching in your entire career, and that's saying something!

Thanks to the seniors like Grayson Mulestein and others for stepping up and making this a season to remember.

My pride for my school and this football program overflows!

Go Frogs!