• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Police

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I just received this email from the ticket office. I don’t know if I should be concerned:

“Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Frog!

This is time of the year where we give thanks. Thanks to our family, friends, veterans, and all the faithful Frogs around the world. Our alumni are the cornerstone of the university and our athletic programs. Our successes are your successes and we can’t thank you enough. With that said, we noticed you only used three of your four seats for the last home game. Our records indicate your wife appears to have been ill. But the information we have obtained through various measures doesn’t support that claim. Her white blood cell count is normal. Temperature is within normal ranges. And you haven’t purchased any new or different medications, per our perusal of your bank and credit accounts.

Please don’t lie to us. We know she wanted to watch Hallmark Channel instead of the game. Please be advised that you and your wife both have one strike. Her for not attending. You for lying on her behalf.

We know you have children. I assume you would like them to see Christmas. Then sell your extras or good luck sleeping at night.

Two more strikes. Unless we change the rules. We might. We will. Do you know where your wife is right now? We do.

All glory to God on this holiest of days,

ATOFrog”

MTfrog5

I see no issues with the email at all. It’s an effort to get butts in seats. I think adding your section/seat numbers is just validating the email is going to the correct recipient of the email.

Now, if TCU is re-selling the tickets being turned in by season ticket holders? Major issue with that. But I don’t think that’s the case at all based on the email.

Moose Stuff

I see no issues with the email at all. It’s an effort to get butts in seats. I think adding your section/seat numbers is just validating the email is going to the correct recipient of the email.

Now, if TCU is re-selling the tickets being turned in by season ticket holders? Major issue with that. But I don’t think that’s the case at all based on the email.

Hell I don’t care what they do with them. I’m in favor of literally almost anything that gets more TCU fans into the seats at our sporting events. And if that pisses off some stick in the mud fans along the way then tough break.

frogs9497

I only used three of my four tickets. Got same email. Don’t care. The email did not say use them or lose them. It wasn’t a threat. It provided information that I could easily choose to ignore about how to get my tickets in others’ hands if I can’t or won’t use them. It was the least offensive email I received all day. Even the one from my church was more offensive.

Anyone opposed to this should also no longer complain about attendance. Can’t have it both ways.

Shocked the ticket office contacted your church.

Moose Stuff

Perception is reality, or something like that

Wes, you HAVE to know the intent of that email was 110% directed at getting seats filled and offering fans an outlet for unused tickets. I guess it could have been worded a little better but it was 110% innocent. I respect the hell out of you and agree with 99% of what you’ve ever posted (including that time in 1995 when Tired told me to go scheiss myself) but I’m thoroughly confused by your reaction to this.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
That’s the way it should be done. I’ve actually been surprised that we don’t have more military in attendance each game just being so close to the base in Ft Worth.
It is a joint reserve base (JRB). It is primarily populated by reservists who are there one weekend per month, do their deal, and then go back to their homes for the rest of the month. There isn't a large contingent of active duty like there was when it was an active Air Force Base.

HFrog12

I only used three of my four tickets. Got same email. Don’t care. The email did not say use them or lose them. It wasn’t a threat. It provided information that I could easily choose to ignore about how to get my tickets in others’ hands if I can’t or won’t use them. It was the least offensive email I received all day. Even the one from my church was more offensive.

Anyone opposed to this should also no longer complain about attendance. Can’t have it both ways.

This x100. Sometimes I think people go out of their way to be offended.

SportsJunkie

Love this and exactly why I don't buy season tickets, simply because I have kids in sports and live in Prosper. That being said, I try to make any game I can.

Soooo, if anyone has tickets for football this Saturday I'm looking for 3 or 4.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Offensive church email?
“...this Gawd. Noticed you weren’t in your pew last 3 Sunday’s. That’s gonna cost you some Priority Points in heaven. You’ll be put on a Hold list at pearly gates. Plan on doin’ some extra time in Purgatory (I.e. the bailure line) and your Road to Perdition just got longer.
Gawd out.”

atofrog

Contributor
Love this and exactly why I don't buy season tickets, simply because I have kids in sports and live in Prosper. That being said, I try to make any game I can.

Soooo, if anyone has tickets for football this Saturday I'm looking for 3 or 4.

I should be able to help you and your family for this weekend. I heard from a generous donor that cannot use all of his tickets and wants to be sure they are used for Frog fans. The only issue is compliance with NCAA regulations as we must avoid giving free tickets to recruit age kids. So I must ask, how old are the kids?

If still interested, please send me PM or an email to s.conner@tcu.edu.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!

Ron Swanson

I should be able to help you and your family for this weekend. I heard from a generous donor that cannot use all of his tickets and wants to be sure they are used for Frog fans. The only issue is compliance with NCAA regulations as we must avoid giving free tickets to recruit age kids. So I must ask, how old are the kids?

If still interested, please send me PM or an email to s.conner@tcu.edu.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!
What if they are recruit aged but slow, white, and of average size?

BleedNPurple

Attendance sucked before the holiday including opening night and frankly with only a handful of exceptions was not great last year

You must not have been there last year. I was at every game - place was packed most every game. Lipscomb was first game missed in 3 seasons.

Don’t know about anybody else but I’m busy as hell right now with work.

That little note from them would have led to a conversation about football ticket upgrades.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You must not have been there last year. I was at every game - place was packed most every game. Lipscomb was first game missed in 3 seasons.

That little note from them would have led to a conversation about football ticket upgrades.
Huh?

flyfishingfrog

I haven’t missed a home basketball game in 8 years with the exception of during my chemo 5 years ago

With the exception of some of the big conference games we had a lot of empty seats every home game last year, especially before conference began

To the point that our head coach spent about a month mentioning it at every press conference

As long as buying season tickets and not using the tickets is acceptable-for whatever reason-we will never be as big time as we all like to think we are...