• The KillerFrogs

An Open Letter To OC Cumbie

Armadillo

Dear Mr. Cumbie,

If you can start calling plays (much more north to south and keeping the opposing team on their heals) like you did in the 2nd half, I will welcome you back.

There were some great calls in the 2nd half.

The first half....forgetaboutit. FIRED!!!

Wait, now I’m confused.

Just thank you to TCU for beating baylor.

Wexahu

I thought the calls in the last three drives were solid, especially considering how limited we were at QB and RB. We need many more misdirection plays and in general, a more creative running game. We can run the ball. We just can’t run it consistently running right at them, we gotta do some deceptive stuff.

Wexahu

Curious as to whose fault the [ clusterfarg ] of a last three plays is. The mule looked like he was running his own plays.

On at least one of them looked like a single read pass that wasn’t there and Mule looked surprised and held it and kinda didn’t know what to do.

Wexahu

Ironic that we won the game with a wildcat play.

But not the same one we seem to always run. We complain not about the Wildcat itself, but because we have had so little variation out of the formation. The fact that it worked so well one of the few times we did something a bit different might be an indication that we were going down that same well a little too often.

CountryFrog

But not the same one we seem to always run. We complain not about the Wildcat itself, but because we have had so little variation out of the formation. The fact that it worked so well one of the few times we did something a bit different might be an indication that we were going down that same well a little too often.
Haha! Ok, I gotcha. Even when it works then it still proves your point correct.

CountryFrog

Seriously, do you like Wildcat through the hole between the RG and RT? Because it hasn’t worked nearly as much as it should when you’re only needing a yard.
I don't like it or dislike it. It's just a formation. The fact is, we haven't had a high rate of success running the ball out of ANY formation this year. Should we stop running out of 4 wide? Because that hasn't worked a lot in short yardage either.

Wexahu

I don't like it or dislike it. It's just a formation. The fact is, we haven't had a high rate of success running the ball out of ANY formation this year. Should we stop running out of 4 wide? Because that hasn't worked a lot in short yardage either.

IMO a lot of that is because we’ve been very consistent running the ball to the side that the formation dictates. The Wildcat formation strongly suggests we’re going to run right, and that’s what we do the vast majority of the time.

Dimercado had an easy 8 yard run on the last possession today on first down when BU knew we were going to run. Lined up heavy set left side, ran it off right tackle. Defense crashed the left side because of our tendencies. Little wrinkles like that we don’t do near enough. Just mix it up more in the running game, would help a lot IMO. So it’s not just a formation.

CountryFrog

IMO a lot of that is because we’ve been very consistent running the ball to the side that the formation dictates. The Wildcat formation strongly suggests we’re going to run right, and that’s what we do the vast majority of the time.

Dimercado had an easy 8 yard run on the last possession today on first down when BU knew we were going to run. Lined up heavy set left side, ran it off right tackle. Defense crashed the left side because of our tendencies. Little wrinkles like that we don’t do near enough. Just mix it up more in the running game, would help a lot IMO. So it’s not just a formation.
Ok. Well my point was that we won the game out of that formation that so many of you think is strangling our offense and I found that ironic. Everything you've said in response to that single sentence seems to highlight the irony, regardless of the validity of the formation in question.