• The KillerFrogs

Two games left. What do you hope to see?

Wexahu

if they are allowed to practice that way why would you think they would play differently.

if they aren't allowed to practice that way and do play that way why are they allowed to stay on the field

That's the question. If I had to guess, I'd say Cumbie and Co. are way more in to scheming and coming up with different formations, etc than just teaching the guys how to play football. At the end of the day, football is still a game of blocking, tackling, and all the little things you talk about that go into winning individual matchups. If your guys aren't taught and drilled that stuff, play calling and offensive scheme is irrelevant because nothing will work.

TX_Krötenechse

I don’t know what the issue is, but it is pretty clear that our coaches are not teaching technique to our players, at least not on the offensive side of the ball.

Evidence:

- Multiple years of receivers dropping passes more than those of other schools
- Multiple years of runners holding the ball in a dangerously loose fashion
- Multiple years of bad route running and poor separation by most receivers
- Multiple years of quarterbacks *never* improving their fundamentals, from eye discipline to footwork to throwing motion

That’s not even touching the OL

4th. down

Never seen or heard of a season like this for injuries that we are having. GP said we normally have 11 safeties and we are down to 4. Broadnax finished with injury and will never play again.

After the season, why not bring in a renowned sports physical doctor and have him interview each player with an injury that missed at least one game then align all the data and see what shows up repeatedly. This just doesn't seem real.

FrogLifeYo

Power I ...Run the ball with some of old school motor grader downhill blocking...Never snapna ball until there is 2 seconds on the play clock and lets get out of this season as fast as possible. We can rethink this disastrous season after we’ve all gotten over our punch drunken dispositions.

TX_Krötenechse

Power I ...Run the ball with some of old school motor grader downhill blocking...Never snapna ball until there is 2 seconds on the play clock and lets get out of this season as fast as possible. We can rethink this disastrous season after we’ve all gotten over our punch drunken dispositions.
I like that you think that our OL is capable of any sort of run blocking, regardless of scheme

maddogDemocrat

Anderson gets over 100 in both games. Few turnovers, while getting some from the other teams. Collins stays healthy. Scoring over 20 pts. in each game.

bronco

Never seen or heard of a season like this for injuries that we are having. GP said we normally have 11 safeties and we are down to 4. Broadnax finished with injury and will never play again.

After the season, why not bring in a renowned sports physical doctor and have him interview each player with an injury that missed at least one game then align all the data and see what shows up repeatedly. This just doesn't seem real.

Looking at the season we have been close to having a decent season. Sure it has been ugly and has only looked like TCU for short spurts. We had Ohio State and Texas on the ropes, only lost to Tech by 3, had a short spurt against OU (until Collins hurt his hand), and were probably one play away from beating KU. These last three games (starting with WVU) might get a little ugly. The team is just depleted. THe coaches have some work to do but we are not the next Kansas. Definitely need some big improvement on offense and maybe Cumbie is not the guy but neither side of the ball is playing with all hands on deck. I am optimistic but also feel like we need to address the offense and the injury bug that seems to be lingering. Obviously if we split OHio State and Texas and get the Kansas win things would look much better but I feel confident the future looks bright.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don’t know what the issue is, but it is pretty clear that our coaches are not teaching technique to our players, at least not on the offensive side of the ball.

Evidence:

- Multiple years of receivers dropping passes more than those of other schools
- Multiple years of runners holding the ball in a dangerously loose fashion
- Multiple years of bad route running and poor separation by most receivers
- Multiple years of quarterbacks *never* improving their fundamentals, from eye discipline to footwork to throwing motion

That’s not even touching the OL

This.

Fundamentals are shockingly bad on this team. Even the basics, like blocking and tackling, seem to have eluded us this season.

Doctson was so magnificent at catching the ball. Fabulous hand placement, mastery of getting the high-point, concentration, he had it all. They could run a loop of his catches to present day receivers, with a coach standing there saying: "That! Do THAT!" I don't know who his WR coach at Wyoming was, but he's got to have a phone number...

BleedNPurple

Totally bizarre. He's the only guy who looks like he's played a football game before on the offensive side. Maybe Anderson also.

I mentioned in the game thread, but that one slant route Austin ran (they showed a replay of the entire route) was just absolutely laughable. The effort and quality was a total joke, no wonder he's never open.

Reminds me of the bad old years when I was at TCU (Shofner) and Mike Refro was Our offense.