• The KillerFrogs

If I were Gary...

Eight

I played for Burns. I think he is a good WR coach and motivator. He knows his football. Was OC at Cincinnati.

I bet if you asked other TCU WR alums they would also vouch for Burns.

I got heat for saying this 2 weeks ago but WR is the position that needs the least amount of coaching. At the college level as a WR you should know how to catch, get open and run routes. That's generally why every schools best recruiters are WR coaches. At the college level WR coaches still coach but it's more about explaining concepts, correcting mistakes, accountability and personal management.

did you type this with a straight face, because unless you are mike renfro there is no way in hell you are serious

the position that needs the least amount of coaching is rb and why you have luper as the rb coach.

in regards to receivers should know how to catch, get open, run routes how many of these receivers do you think face a high school secondary where there are mutliple players that match their athletic ability?

secondaries that run multiple coverages effectively that require the receivers to recognize and adjust.

there is a reason certain players in certain programs get better and it isn't because of the amount of talent recruited

you also make the point that if prior tcu receivers were asked they would vouch for burns which one's in the nfl?

boyce who got cut because he couldn't run routes in the pats system and dropped balls?

kerley and doctson for all those receivers? this is a good job developing talent?

netty2424

My post gets deleted for circumventing filters by quoting an actual goof that was not only stated live on tv but text shown on broadcast news.

JV move by whomever deleted that.

f_399

If i were in GP’s shoes, I would take a break.

Not sure how I would handle losing both parents and having such a stressful job.

Take a break after our last game. Let your coaches recruit, that’s something they are good at.

Seriously contemplate his future and how much more he wants to coach.

His legacy is cemented no matter what.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
If i were in GP’s shoes, I would take a break.

Not sure how I would handle losing both parents and having such a stressful job.

Take a break after our last game. Let your coaches recruit, that’s something they are good at.

Seriously contemplate his future and how much more he wants to coach.

His legacy is cemented no matter what.
Life in life's term. But, "putting things on hold" is not a solution. Address things. Move forward.

ShreveFrog

Riley will surely make changes on defense. And unless Gary makes changes on offense, OU really becomes our Alabama. Watching other offenses, ours has clearly fallen behind anyone who can contend for a conference championship.

TCUWIN

Riley may make changes for the Cowboys! Report that the Cowboys thinking about firing Garrett and looking at Riley. Please let this happen. Best for both of my teams...Cowboys and Frogs.

SwissArmyFrog

Did we not have the same coaches last season? We did very well. What changed?

Some players changed. Did anything change re: offensive coaching? Staff, or philosophy?

Eight

Some players changed. Did anything change re: offensive coaching? Staff, or philosophy?

what changed?

offensively, four offensive linemen and an experienced quarterback are a couple of small factors

defensively we see the same disturbing trends in poor tackling, bad angles, and the safeties being isolated in coverage

DickBumpastache

He has been considerably better than what we had. Now that we have a decent QB, it is showing the problems with our receivers and O line. As far as I can tell, we only have two receivers on the team that can get open and still catch the ball. Reager and Barber are the only two that seem capable of actually catching the ball. That is a sad situation on our players or coaches, which ever it is, it needs to change.

Those issues were very apparent with Robinson at QB and were pointed out by just about everyone who knew Collins would make little to no difference. The offense isn’t one iota better and has actually taken a few steps back with their lowest outputs coming over each of the last 2 weeks.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

We lost our mojo as a result of all the woulda-coulda-shoulda's of the Ohio State game

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

We lost our mojo as a result of all the woulda-coulda-shoulda's of the Ohio State game.

notyalc

Got flamed here a couple of weeks ago for using the "r" word....But my statement was that "r" was the only graceful way out...all the criticism from both sides...the player behavior problems...being retained...being fired...nothing graceful in those scenarios....Be careful of your vocabulary...my screen is still smoking from the pushback...even told to never post again....

Pitt got tired of Jamie Dixon. How'd that work out for them?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

We lost our mojo as a result of all the woulda-coulda-shoulda's of the Ohio State game.

Raw Frog

Riley will surely make changes on defense. And unless Gary makes changes on offense, OU really becomes our Alabama. Watching other offenses, ours has clearly fallen behind anyone who can contend for a conference championship.

I think it is worse than that at this point. I think we have fallen behind everyone not named Kansas, and they beat us.

VA Froggie

GP has one bad season and you want him to retire? Seriously, that is crazy talk. How does one even justify it based on all the success he has had at TCU? If he has three bad seasons in a row, then this discussion is appropriate at that point.
100% agree. Not sure if I.m correct but think he has 3 losing years in 18, get off his back. Let’s thrown 33 player hurt or off the team.

Wexahu

100% agree. Not sure if I.m correct but think he has 3 losing years in 18, get off his back. Let’s thrown 33 player hurt or off the team.

Someone needs to go down the list of 85 scholarship kids on the team and tell me those 33 are. I follow the team pretty closely and don’t come up with near that high a number. I think you more or less have to count everyone on the team who has missed a practice at some point during the season.

tetonfrog

what changed?

offensively, four offensive linemen and an experienced quarterback are a couple of small factors

defensively we see the same disturbing trends in poor tackling, bad angles, and the safeties being isolated in coverage

Losing 4 starting OL - all of whom are in the NFL - is a SMALL factor? It is the DEFINING factor in our offensive struggles. It is hard to run a decent offense when you can't block anyone.

And I don't remember the misses tackles last year, but I do have short-term memory issues.......our defense is still good, even with all the injuries, but it has been worn out by our offensive woes.