• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Bill Snyder and Kansas State might be very close to an awkward ending

Eight

It's not a simple solution, I'm afraid Snyder's successor isn't going to fare any better, but I do think it's past time for him to go. It's just a program going nowhere at a place that's damn hard to win at. They are always going to have to rely heavily on JUCO talent and that is a tough way to go, and it hasn't gotten any easier over the past decade as more and more teams are taking the JUCO kids to fill needs.

i see no reason why the right coach and staff can't have the success at k state that a school like iowa state is having right now.

heck, snyder the second time around is a far, far crime from this first run for a variety of reasons. they have good facilities and have a very loyal fan base. we aren't talking competing for the cfp, but being competitive in conference and right now they are not and a big reason is the state of the program which is sliding in the wrong direction

Bob

bob, i am pretty sure things have changed in manhattan since you were part of black jack pershing's unit preparing to go to cantigny
My grandfather served with Gen Pershing in France 1918, so yeah you are probably right. They had 3 traffic signals and a Walmart when I was there. Plus, Tuttle Creek Reservoir which might have been there back then - it has enough mud on the banks.

Wexahu

i see no reason why the right coach and staff can't have the success at k state that a school like iowa state is having right now.

heck, snyder the second time around is a far, far crime from this first run for a variety of reasons. they have good facilities and have a very loyal fan base. we aren't talking competing for the cfp, but being competitive in conference and right now they are not and a big reason is the state of the program which is sliding in the wrong direction

I hear ya, but I just think ISU is a notch above KSU in almost every category (size, fan base, location, overall quality of school, facilities - or at least stadium). Granted, it's not easy to win at either place, but IMO K-State has the least going for it and should be the worst program in the conference.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Patterson go to Manhattan? Seriously, have you ever been there. I lived there for a while during my stint with the 1st Infantry Division. The only good thing I have to say is it is better than Junction City. Which is like saying Waco is better than Marlin.
Spent a week there at a course at the American Institute of Baking. Not much to do there. That’s for sure

heck, snyder the second time around is a far, far crime from this first run for a variety of reasons. [/Q

I believe the expression is “far cry”. We learn this in my advanced English class last year. They taught us what expressions people use that might be hard to follow as foreigner.

Chongo94

Is there a Snyder coaching tree? I wouldn’t know any of his assistants anyway but have many gone on to attempt other jobs elsewhere?

Eight

All those dudes coached at KState?? Had no idea. Interesting.

bob was 89-95 and last 4 as dc, mangino from 91-98 as the run game coordinator, leavitt from 90-95 and was co-dc with stoopes, brett 2002-03 dc

think mike stoopes might have coached there as well as venables

YA

I hear ya, but I just think ISU is a notch above KSU in almost every category (size, fan base, location, overall quality of school, facilities - or at least stadium). Granted, it's not easy to win at either place, but IMO K-State has the least going for it and should be the worst program in the conference.
Kstate stadium beats the pants off Iowa State stadium in everything. Iowa State needs a complete overhaul besides the new endzone.

MagicFrog

usa_today_11434557.0.jpg

SB Nation: Bill Snyder and Kansas State might be very close to an awkward ending

By Richard Johnson@RJ_Writes

Bill Snyder is 79 years old.

Kansas State’s head coach hasn’t been a spring chicken in decades, but he has been undeniably consistent. He’s led K-State from being one of the worst programs in college football to the doorstep of a national title berth in 1998 and plenty of solid years since.

Besides the three years he spent retired from 2006 to 2008, Snyder has been the steady captain of the ship. But is it taking on more water than even Snyder can handle?

Read more at https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...der-retire-kansas-state-2018-college-football

Bill Snyder is almost 80, he's led KSU from being probably the absolute worst FBS program in the country (for DECADES) to a Top 10 program, then resurrected them a second time. I think he can be forgiven for having a mediocre season this year.

There will be nothing awkward about when he leaves whether it's this year or next. He will be treated like a king just as he should be.

I hate newspaper stories like this one that don't even give the man the respect he's due. Even with this year not being very good, it's still a TON better than what the average KSU team looked like when he hasn't been on the sideline.

Any true college football fan should have nothing but respect for Snyder and what he's done at KSU.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
bob stoopes, jim leavett, mark mangino, brett bielema and the if you want to put a texas spin on it snyder's mentor was hayden fry
Snyder was the OC at Austin College years ago. It’s not much of a Texas spin