• The KillerFrogs

It hurts so bad

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Welcome to the New Journalism and the New Left. Both used to be bastions of free speech. Now they champion censoring critics and those with opposing viewpoints.

Who needs repressive government censorship like they have in authoritarian countries? In America we have repressive censorship by media — cause we like to keep it in the private sector, you know.
You nailed it

WhatTheFrog

Of course it could've been the comment I made about one of their editorial board members, Bud Kennedy, and how he need to stick with hamburger reviews and leave thinking to people that can
Don't worry, friend. Especially if you responded to Bud. That dude's a "loose cannon", to say the least. I think he's like Muck, where he strives on confrontation and conflict/negative news. That's what gets the clicks.

I did listen to the entirety of the podcast, btw. My wife heard most of it. She doesn't care much for him, even after the podcast. We used to be fans of "Little Ball of Hate" back in the day, but he can't overcome those feelings.

To be honest, I understood his arguments, but I still don't understand how anyone could expect our admin to go further than what they did, when that research confirmed what the staff was told by the player. I agree with Shannon...there's no reason to go further than what they did when publicly available info supported what the player claimed. That must have been a 0.9% chance that it would have happened the way it did. Poop happens. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, and a broken clock is right twice a day.

WhatTheFrog

it should be, but we got a pet project to promote
I guess when we get all other non-sports topics off of this forum, and they have the traffic that this one sub-forum generates, there will be a valid argument for that.

In reality, this is where everyone congregates and discusses issues regarding sports/topics of the day. Topics are generally TCU sports-related, but definitely not always.

HFrog1999

Oh yeah. I am hurting and may never recover

A few days ago I read an article, the FWST about their editorial boards endorsement of a candidate and commented how that editorial board would have endorsed Karl Marx.

The comment has been removed and I apparently I have been banned as I am denied access to login.

So they can have their opinions but if mine, or others aren't in lockstep with them, you're out.

Man it hurts.

Ironically, killerfrogs probably sends them a significant portion of their traffic.

TCUdirtbag

Of course it could've been the comment I made about one of their editorial board members, Bud Kennedy, and how he need to stick with hamburger reviews and leave thinking to people that can

In other words, the OP was misleading and omitted key context, and in reality the comment was actually removed because of the insult and not the political views expressed.

WhatTheFrog

As I have mentioned many times here that I am an Indy. Friends on the right might disagree with what I might say and even call me misinformed or wrong. Friends on the left that I might disagree with, might get angry and shut down the discussion.
In the spirit of being off-topic, I have a question...for those friends that you mentioned, do you experience more friends shutting you down/unfriending you on Facebook (if you do that), or more friends that engage you in constructive debate? In either case, which way do those folks lean?

Frog79

I noticed a few months ago that the FWST opinion page was publishing letters to the editor from a certain uber-liberal person every couple of weeks or so in clear violation of their written policy of no more than one letter per 30 day period. After months of seeing her vile letters printed too frequently I decided to complain. The first time I called them on it they said that they would be more vigilant. The second time they simply ignored my complaint. Interestingly they don't allow conservatives to post more than once each 30 days. Double standard much, Startlegram?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Should this be on the general forum?
ill_allow_it_community.gif

(mainly because no one can control Wes... except for his wife)

Frog79

In the spirit of being off-topic, I have a question...for those friends that you mentioned, do you experience more friends shutting you down/unfriending you on Facebook (if you do that), or more friends that engage you in constructive debate? In either case, which way do those folks lean?

On a somewhat related note, as a recently single guy I have tried online dating and notice a number of women's profiles saying something to the effect of "if you support or vote for [insert liberal or conservative politician's name here] then don't contact me". I would estimate that at least 80-90% of these snowflakes are liberals apparently with zero tolerance of opposing views.

BABYFACE

I don’t engage anything political on Facebook. Most conversations are in person or over the phone. Both sides will engage initially on a difference of opinion but one side will eventually get angry and shut it down. You know which side.

I do dislike the polarization of society pertaining to politics. It is dividing us.

YA

I noticed a few months ago that the FWST opinion page was publishing letters to the editor from a certain uber-liberal person every couple of weeks or so in clear violation of their written policy of no more than one letter per 30 day period. After months of seeing her vile letters printed too frequently I decided to complain. The first time I called them on it they said that they would be more vigilant. The second time they simply ignored my complaint. Interestingly they don't allow conservatives to post more than once each 30 days. Double standard much, Startlegram?
not true--there is a man from Arlington, a lady from Burleson that gets their republican talking points letters published once a month.

The key is to not repeat yourself in every letter to the editor--might want to try a little harder

Frog79

not true--there is a man from Arlington, a lady from Burleson that gets their republican talking points letters published once a month.

The key is to not repeat yourself in every letter to the editor--might want to try a little harder

You need to re-read my post. You are allowed one letter per month (30 days) which is how often you claim the "republican talking points letters" get published. Perfectly within the rules. OTOH, the liberal lady gets hers published as often as every 10 days, clearly violating the rules. So I am right that there is clear favoritism toward liberals at the FWST opinion page.