• The KillerFrogs

Collins

PO Frog

Maybe this is semantics but I don't think so. Is something different actually being reported, as in stated as fact, or was JC giving his opinion about the situation and that opinion is something that varies with what was posted. I interpreted it as the later.
I don’t think the two posts are consistent with each other is all I was saying. None of it really seems fact based but I know which one I trust.

I don’t think the two posts are consistent with each other is all I was saying. None of it really seems fact based but I know which one I trust.
They are inconsistent, no argument there. I just didn't interpret it as reporting so much as he gave an opinion. Although it could have been based on what someone told him and he was just trying to be subtle in the way he conveyed the information. Who knows? At this point, it is what it is.

robbroyy

It’s simple. SR has the higher ceiling. Collins has the higher floor.

If SR reaches his peak you have Boykin 2.0. If Collins hits his peak you have Dalton 2.0

One can make plays in any situation. The other can carve you up if given at least some time.

The better question is what to do next spring with 4 QBs who can all play? Is Duggan enrolling early?

tcumaniac

If SR reaches his peak you have Boykin 2.0. If Collins hits his peak you have Dalton 2.0

One can make plays in any situation. The other can carve you up if given at least some time.

The better question is what to do next spring with 4 QBs who can all play? Is Duggan enrolling early?
Ummm. I’d rather have Dalton 2.0 than Boykin 2.0 100% of the time.

Eight

duggan is supposedly enrolling early.

as far as having 4 qb's who can all play, let them compete and see who comes out the best.

it will be interesting to see if shawn is truly healthy for the spring. they have never actually said what he is having repaired other than the left shoulder.

4th. down

Duggan supposedly enrolling early but I would think he will RS. At the present he is completing 66% of his passes for the year and would be going up against Shawn, Collins and Rogers - a tough call to beat out those 3.

CFB version of petty office politics imo. I just can’t help but think how much Cumbie would love to have a true gunslinger back there like Tech consistently has. Even Mahomes rarely used his mobility to do anything other than buy more time.
I have no idea why Collins didn’t get more playing time, but he does remind me of the kind of QB Tech has had over the years, and like Okie State has had. They’ve been very successful offensively with those kinds of guys.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Anyone that believes coaches don't make promises to players to get them to commit & sign have been living under a rock for decades. This goes on everywhere, including our coaches. Yes, I do believe they have told both JR & MD that they see them starting and being the next best QB here. All schools do this.

I trust my source more than I do JC mainly because in 25 years that I have known this person, he has been wrong 2, maybe 3 times. JC has been wrong way more than my friend. JC is a great guy, and yes, he goes mainly by what 18 yr olds tell him and GP. That it in itself tells it all.

Again, not my opinion, but what I was told and sharing it. If it's completely wrong by anyone's standards, then I'm sorry. It just seems the way the Robinson & Collins situation has played out this season, it is more believable than not. Take it for what it's worth.

CountryFrog

Anyone that believes coaches don't make promises to players to get them to commit & sign have been living under a rock for decades. This goes on everywhere, including our coaches. Yes, I do believe they have told both JR & MD that they see them starting and being the next best QB here. All schools do this.

I trust my source more than I do JC mainly because in 25 years that I have known this person, he has been wrong 2, maybe 3 times. JC has been wrong way more than my friend. JC is a great guy, and yes, he goes mainly by what 18 yr olds tell him and GP. That it in itself tells it all.

Again, not my opinion, but what I was told and sharing it. If it's completely wrong by anyone's standards, then I'm sorry. It just seems the way the Robinson & Collins situation has played out this season, it is more believable than not. Take it for what it's worth.
Everything you're saying about the recruiting process is 100% accurate and it happens everywhere to varying degrees.

I won't pretend to know what was said to SR during recruiting. For all I know he was promised a lifetime supply of white chocolate Kitt Katt bars.

Once kids show up on campus, though, the competition starts. I find it highly unlikely that the coaches would start a player at any position if they believed that player to NOT be the best option to help the team win. What is very possible is that promises or other things said during the recruiting process were used as a tiebreaker because the staff couldn't fully agree on who the best option was.

FrogCop19

Everything you're saying about the recruiting process is 100% accurate and it happens everywhere to varying degrees.

I won't pretend to know what was said to SR during recruiting. For all I know he was promised a lifetime supply of white chocolate Kitt Katt bars.

Once kids show up on campus, though, the competition starts. I find it highly unlikely that the coaches would start a player at any position if they believed that player to NOT be the best option to help the team win. What is very possible is that promises or other things said during the recruiting process were used as a tiebreaker because the staff couldn't fully agree on who the best option was.

"You like white chocolate Kit Kats? Because we got a lot of them at TCU..."