• The KillerFrogs

Bleacher Creatures

Klaw

Bringing my 5 year old son to the game this Saturday.

Does TCU still allow children to run on the field when the team enters the field? If they still do, where do you meet to do it?

Thanks for any help

hometown frog

May not be a problem anymore as the teams play has faltered, but for high attendance games they cutoff the number of kids allowed on the field at some point. Mine have missed that cutoff a couple of times so far this season.

It’s something that I hope TCU never gets rid of. It’s such an awesome moment for the kids to get to do every game.

Horned Toad

May not be a problem anymore as the teams play has faltered, but for high attendance games they cutoff the number of kids allowed on the field at some point. Mine have missed that cutoff a couple of times so far this season.

It’s something that I hope TCU never gets rid of. It’s such an awesome moment for the kids to get to do every game.
It’s pretty awesome for the dad’s too... until their daughter grows up and says you can’t run with me anymore dad! :’/

Of course she was about 12 by the time she said that. ;)

I can’t wait to have grandkids someday.

froginmn

The other value in it is that it gets those young fans engaged in the experience. Games can be a passive experience where you go and watch, or an active experience where you participate in some way (certain cheers, color blocking, bleacher creatures). Active makes you want to come back.

Love that tradition!

Double V

35 minutes before kickoff at the southeast portion of the stadium. Look for the TCU ROTC people that manage it.
Recommended getting to that corner 45 minutes before kickoff to ensure your kid gets a shirt and gets to run. If it's something you don't do often, I'd hate for you to miss it.

berryfrog95

^^ I got their with my son 18 mins til kickoff and got stonewalled in the Southern game. Still swindeled a shirt out of the attendant tho, despite the disappointment

WhatTheFrog

Are the shirts "free"? I figured you had to give at least a minimum "donation" to get one for your kid. I could be wrong (I have been .5 times before).

NewFrogFan

It’s pretty awesome for the dad’s too... until their daughter grows up and says you can’t run with me anymore dad! :’/

Of course she was about 12 by the time she said that. ;)

I can’t wait to have grandkids someday.

I have that grandparent on the field shirt! Oldest grandson at least 12 years ago broke left with the players and I had to go dig him out of the west sideline. I have also experienced the female deal you have been through. Got another batch of them now, problem is they live out of town and only make 1 game if that. I have found that my 100 yard dash times are steadily incresing!