• The KillerFrogs

Lincoln Riley to the Browns?

Eight

I might be wrong but i don't think I've ever seen a situation where an NFL coach was blackballed from the league for how he handled a matter involving an off-the-field player incident. They just aren't expected to be responsible for anything but winning. Who is responsible for a cover up like that in your scenario can ALWAYS be passed on to someone else within the NFL organizational structure because a coach's job in the NFL is to prepare game plans and win games and that is it. A college head coach is supposed a run a program, and running a program involves more than just winning on Saturday.

is it more than just winning on saturday?

urban kept his job at florida and at ohio state

tom osborne seemed to have no issues playing christian peters and lawrence phillips in pursuit of national titles despite how the nebraska faithful look down their noses at ou and what happened under switzer

bob stoopes had how much go on under him at ou and kept his job while charlie strong cleaned up the texas program and got fired

then we have unc football under butch davis and basketball under roy williams which might be the greatest academic fraud in college sports history and i am pretty sure roy kept his job

jim calhoun at uconn, tark at unlv, valvano at iona and nc state, calapari and umass and memphis,

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sports talk radio is a great waste of time typically by people who have no facts or inside info. Might as well talk sports to people at the pool or gym. Would probably get better info.

MTfrog5

"NORMAN — Lincoln Riley – after being asked if he had any interest in coaching in the National Football League — says he has not entertained thoughts of departing Oklahoma.

“No, not right now,” Riley said while answering the first question during his Monday news conference. “I always want to be truthful. And the truth for me is I love Oklahoma. I love coaching here. I love college football. I certainly don’t have that itch right now. I don’t know if I ever will.”

“I’m never going to be a guy that’s going to stand up here and say ‘no way, no how will any of these things ever happen.’ I don’t know that.

“I know right now I could care less about the NFL. We’re trying to win this (Texas Tech) game and trying to make a run that we all think we have in us right now”"

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_f667f6d7-32de-57f8-9024-fba3d82be3e0.html

Translation: He gone.
That would worry me if I was an OU fan. All he says is he doesn't want to talk about it because it's a game week and to me it sounds like he would listen come off-season.