• The KillerFrogs

Time to move Sewo....right now to DE...

TX_Krötenechse

Henry? How’s he doing?

Cam newton rushed for more yards in 2017

Football knowledge? Please enlighten all of us lacking knowledge, how many successful rb’s over 6’ vs under 6’?
The point is that his height is absolutely not holding him back. Being 6’3 doesn’t mean he should be automatically relegated to a different position.

f_399

The point is that his height is absolutely not holding him back. Being 6’3 doesn’t mean he should be automatically relegated to a different position.

His size makes him less quick and nimble.

His size was his hype but he is not running people over and he isn’t quick enough to avoid them.

I am not saying be should move to the defense but he is not excelling at his current position and coaches seem to force the issue, just like they did with Robinson.

They finally did against Kansas, Collins because they had no choice and they ran Anderson more. The offense looked better but they could not convert yards to points.

Mean Purple

His size was his hype but he is not running people over and he isn’t quick enough to avoid them.

I am not saying be should move to the defense but he is not excelling at his current position and coaches seem to force the issue, just like they did with Robinson.

They finally did against Kansas, Collins because they had no choice and they ran Anderson more. The offense looked better but they could not convert yards to points.
Sewo has shown the power run and stormed over people when GP has challenged him to do it.

netty2424

He’s averaging over 4 yards per carry. 83/352 @4.24 yds/carry.

Statistically where do you want him to be so that he’s excelling?

PO Frog

You posed the question of why I thought or had the inclination that Sewo could be a LB. I answered why. So, do you disagree with GP and staff that initially tried to recruit him as a LB?
Before that, you said it was based on him playing LB and RB in high school. I was correcting you. It would essentially be a new position at LB or DE for him.

PO Frog

Wait, they tried to recruit him as an LB (Sewo)? Did he play that position in high school?
He mostly played safety, with the presumption that he would spin down when he got to college. He didn't want to play defense so we said he could play RB. This fascination with him going to the other side of the ball seems like nothing more than disappointment with his performance as a running back.

Jordan Moore clone IMO. But he's on an NFL roster now so what do I know.

TX_Krötenechse

The fact that he weighs 230 lbs or whatever makes him less quick and nimble. His height doesn’t come into. And I see him truck defenders all the time.

As someone pointed out with his stats, Sewo is just fine statistically. Averaging 4 ypc with this offensive line is a good achievement.

He’s not as good as Anderson. He may not have an NFL future as a running back. But again, he’s a good RB and we only have three on the roster, so talking about moving him to defense is dumb.

Mean Purple

He mostly played safety, with the presumption that he would spin down when he got to college. He didn't want to play defense so we said he could play RB. This fascination with him going to the other side of the ball seems like nothing more than disappointment with his performance as a running back.

I still think he is a good talent. Just secure the ball and blast it. It aint like his yards per are really low for the type of back he is.

Punter1

Jordan Moore is EXACTLY the case study of why Sewo should be on defense....

Great athlete, recruited on defense...tried running back...future was obviously on defense. Played one season on defense in college and is now in the NFL...

PO Frog

I still think he is a good talent. Just secure the ball and blast it. It aint like his yards per are really low for the type of back he is.
Never said he wasn't. I think he's fine albeit probably better suited for a different running game. Think he be better in a pistol set starting out downhill rather than sideways on a zone read but he's certainly not a glaring weakness. I imagine him running old school counter tre's and killing it. Does anyone still run that?

PO Frog

Great athlete, recruited on defense...tried running back...future was obviously on defense. Played one season on defense in college and is now in the NFL...
People make exceptions for world class speed. If Sewo has that I haven't seen it. And they are about the same size.

PO Frog

And is EXACTLY why I don't care about him switching. Jordan Moore contributed almost nothing to the program (on the field) and was given opportunities on both sides of the ball (safety, LB, WR, and fullback as well as RB). If Sewo wants to go to UTSA and experiment over there like Moore did, more (heh) power to him.

f_399

He’s averaging over 4 yards per carry. 83/352 @4.24 yds/carry.

Statistically where do you want him to be so that he’s excelling?

His average is 3rd at best on our team, behind 2 other rb’s and shawn.

Coaches were over using him or not using him properly.

It has led to wasted downs and missed points.

Mean Purple

Never said he wasn't. I think he's fine albeit probably better suited for a different running game. Think he be better in a pistol set starting out downhill rather than sideways on a zone read but he's certainly not a glaring weakness. I imagine him running old school counter tre's and killing it. Does anyone still run that?
Oh, no, did not mean you did. That was a response to the reference you made about folks bringing up the idea of him being moved.

Yes, downhill runner.

netty2424

His average is 3rd at best on our team, behind 2 other rb’s and shawn.

Coaches were over using him or not using him properly.

It has led to wasted downs and missed points.
3rd at best behind a dual threat QB with designed runs and yards on busted plays or play action that he bails on. And is no longer playing, btw.

And Demercado who’s picked up most of his carries in garbage time.

That brings us back to two. DA and Sewo. It’s a two back system, he’s averaging over 4 yards per carry. I’m just saying that’s very serviceable and frequently puts you in short yardage situations. Which he’s pretty damn good at.

Back to my original question, statistically where does he need to be for you to get carries?

BABYFACE

Before that, you said it was based on him playing LB and RB in high school. I was correcting you. It would essentially be a new position at LB or DE for him.
The original you posed is for what basis should he play LB and I posted why. I didn’t realize he played more safety than LB. I just knew that GP wanted him as an LB.

Really a moot point anyways, I don’t see Sewo making a switch for his senior season.