• The KillerFrogs

Time to move Sewo....right now to DE...

FrogbyChoice

eric dickerson

And if he was the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson would anyone be talking of position change?

Of all the discussion on this board this is one of the more reasonable debate. Bringing up NFL hall of famers as an example of why he should remain a RB for us is just not sound. You have had a number of excellent points. Perhaps you can give one for this discussion as well.

BABYFACE

I just don't really understand this. Based on what? He's got a good frame but nothing out of the ordinary in the NFL. I could see a guy like Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker run the ball and just know that they would excel at any position on the field, but I don't get that vibe from 33. He doesn't even dominate his own position that he cares deeply about.

Based on that he played LB in HS besides RB. TCU recruited him as an LB first. His heart was set on RB and TCU said OK thinking he would switch at some point.

He wants to run the ball and is effective. I don’t think he would make the switch at this point no matter what he projects in the NFL as.

Last edited:

TRF51

I have been saying they need to move him. If he was smart he would make the move. He has no future at the next level as a RB. He could put on 20lbs of muscle and be a good OLB prospect.

FrogbyChoice

Based on that he played LB in HS besides RB. TCU recruited him as an LB first. His heart was set on RB and TCU said OK thinking he would switch at some point.

He wants to run the ball and is effective. I don’t he would make the switch at this point no matter what he projects in the NFL as.

People change careers (positions) to get paid once they understand their reality. Someone needs to explain his reality to him.

CountryFrog

At this pace he’s going to finish his career here with well under 2,000 yards from scrimmage (rushing and receiving). He’s at 1,038 right now. Not terrible but disappointing considering all the hype coming in. Always felt he’s a downhill runner and a poor fit for this system. I wonder if the coaches envisioned something different from him when they were recruiting him.
They most likely envisioned better blocking

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
...then redshirt him next year then turn him loose in 2020. And no I'm not giving up on this until he's done here.

If he at all wants to get paid to play this game this is what needs to happen. Get him a taste this year, let him see he can play the position and take a full season to learn. DE is probably the easiest position on O or D to learn playbook wise so let's give him 4 games to get some experience. Hell, play him both ways even. 10 carries on offense isnt gonna tire him out...

I still think he can be a better DE then RB in college...and especially at the next level. This also send a good message to both stud HS RBs that playing time and carries are available next year.

This also sends a clear message to DA that we still believe in him and he's our guy this year and next...and eliminates the predictable Wild Frog from our offense.

Win, win, win, win, win....too many good reasons to not do it...
I don't disagree but you know who has to pull the trigger on that one

f_399

eric dickerson
How many successful rb’s under 6’

It’s a joke but you get the point.

I think the prototypical rb in 5’11”:

Barry Sanders 5-8
Enmity Smith 5-9
Lt 5-10
Walter Payton 5-10

On average, it’s the shortest position in football.

I have to admit, I was one of the tcu fans that was excited about sewo, just looking at his size, you would think he would just run over people.

TX_Krötenechse

I am not even sure why he was positioned as a running back

He is at least 6’3”?

Name successful running backs around that height?

That’s taller than Adrian Peterson

The absolute lack of football knowledge that some people on this board have is shocking. Do you not remember that a 6’3 running back won the Heisman only three years ago?!

Bottom line: Sewo will NEVER play defense for us. Nor should he. He is a decent to good running back who hasn’t played LB in three years. He has never played DE. There is absolutely no reason to think that he would even be good at defense at this point.

PO Frog

He wants to run the ball and is effective. I don’t think he would make the switch at this point no matter what he projects in the NFL as.
He mostly played safety actually.

Punter1

If your heart isn't in it....

I also contend if Sewo isnt a DE/LB by this spring...he is gonna get an earful from the NFL scouts at the Pro Day in April that if he wants a chance to get paid in 12 or 24 months he will go to defense. Those are the people he should and will listen to. Touchdowns and offense is glamorous until it means you can't play football anymore.

Yes Sewo has to pull the trigger and I'm sure GP would let him. And the closer Sewo gets to exhausting his eligibility and the realization he isnt Leonard Fournette or Derrick Henry...he will be open to trying a position where he might be able to play in the NFL.

TCURiggs

The absolute lack of football knowledge that some people on this board have is shocking. Do you not remember that a 6’3 running back won the Heisman only three years ago?!

Bottom line: Sewo will NEVER play defense for us. Nor should he. He is a decent to good running back who hasn’t played LB in three years. He has never played DE. There is absolutely no reason to think that he would even be good at defense at this point.

I seem to disagree with quite a few of your football-takes, but I'm fully on your team here.

f_399

Henry? How’s he doing?

Cam newton rushed for more yards in 2017

Football knowledge? Please enlighten all of us lacking knowledge, how many successful rb’s over 6’ vs under 6’?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Henry? How’s he doing?

Cam newton rushed for more yards in 2017

Football knowledge? Please enlighten all of us lacking knowledge, how many successful rb’s over 6’ vs under 6’?
Eleven. The answer is eleven.

Now will everyone shut up?

Wexahu

How many successful rb’s under 6’

It’s a joke but you get the point.

I think the prototypical rb in 5’11”:

Barry Sanders 5-8
Enmity Smith 5-9
Lt 5-10
Walter Payton 5-10

On average, it’s the shortest position in football.

I have to admit, I was one of the tcu fans that was excited about sewo, just looking at his size, you would think he would just run over people.

Simply running over people is almost impossible at this level. Running over people is what a 180 pound middle school kid does, at this level you gotta be able to avoid the direct hit and bounce off guys, or make them miss altogether. It’s hard for a 225 pound kid to run over a 200 pound kid that knows how to tackle.