• The KillerFrogs

Time to move Sewo....right now to DE...

Punter1

...then redshirt him next year then turn him loose in 2020. And no I'm not giving up on this until he's done here.

If he at all wants to get paid to play this game this is what needs to happen. Get him a taste this year, let him see he can play the position and take a full season to learn. DE is probably the easiest position on O or D to learn playbook wise so let's give him 4 games to get some experience. Hell, play him both ways even. 10 carries on offense isnt gonna tire him out...

I still think he can be a better DE then RB in college...and especially at the next level. This also send a good message to both stud HS RBs that playing time and carries are available next year.

This also sends a clear message to DA that we still believe in him and he's our guy this year and next...and eliminates the predictable Wild Frog from our offense.

Win, win, win, win, win....too many good reasons to not do it...

Wexahu

I don’t know if he can play defense at all, but I don’t think he’s quick and shifty enough to play RB in the NFL. Given what our depth chart looks like next year, it’s maybe not a terrible idea to try him at DE but I don’t think he’d want to redshirt next year. He’d need to add 15-20 pounds too, not that easy.

f_399

He doesn’t seem to get low enough to get any leverage as a rb, he is just not built for it.

It sounded like a great idea but it’s not working out.

Punter1

Zero chance you’re getting Sewo to redshirt, nor should you ask him to.

Make it his decision then...tell him, and it's true, a year learning will increase your chances x100 you will make an NFL roster in 2021.

If he resists...fine, play him next year but for his and the teams benefit he should redshirt next year.

Edit...With the new Redshirt rule, he will actually be able to play for games next year. Save him for Purdue, Texas, West Virginia, and Tech. Just a thought...

Last edited:

Wexahu

At this pace he’s going to finish his career here with well under 2,000 yards from scrimmage (rushing and receiving). He’s at 1,038 right now. Not terrible but disappointing considering all the hype coming in. Always felt he’s a downhill runner and a poor fit for this system. I wonder if the coaches envisioned something different from him when they were recruiting him.

Pharm Frog

If he asks for the chance to switch then okay. What I would think would be disastrous is to ask him to switch and discover that he’s not the best fit there and be forced to play him because you asked him to move or sit him. If it’s his ask and he commits to it then okay...let’s roll

Chico Dusty

What makes you thinks he would be a good DE, let alone a NFL caliber DE? Not saying he’s can’t be, it’s just odd that ppl seem to be so fixated on the idea. They’re P5 guys that have his size and speed that have actually been playing DE their whole lives that don’t make it to the NFL.

asleep003

...then redshirt him next year then turn him loose in 2020. And no I'm not giving up on this until he's done here.

If he at all wants to get paid to play this game this is what needs to happen. Get him a taste this year, let him see he can play the position and take a full season to learn. DE is probably the easiest position on O or D to learn playbook wise so let's give him 4 games to get some experience. Hell, play him both ways even. 10 carries on offense isnt gonna tire him out...

I still think he can be a better DE then RB in college...and especially at the next level. This also send a good message to both stud HS RBs that playing time and carries are available next year.

This also sends a clear message to DA that we still believe in him and he's our guy this year and next...and eliminates the predictable Wild Frog from our offense.

WRONG!

Wexahu

What makes you thinks he would be a good DE, let alone a NFL caliber DE? Not saying he’s can’t be, it’s just odd that ppl seem to be so fixated on the idea. They’re P5 guys that have his size and speed that have actually been playing DE their whole lives that don’t make it to the NFL.

There’s no guarantee whatsoever. Just from a numbers standpoint on our roster it sure would be nice to have another body at DE and our RB situation appears pretty solid with the incoming recruits.

BigPurple87

Terrible idea

Pretty obvious that he wants to play offense. He had a great game in the Alamo bowl when he was used correctly. He is most effective running straight ahead between the tackles. Right now, the middle of the OL can't block anything so the best part of his game is essentially eliminated from the outset.

Punter1

No guarantee he is going to be good on defense...but it's a guarantee he is a 60 yard a game back tops who isn't even close to an NFL caliber talent at that position. He isnt even good enough to be a (true) starter thru three years. I'm saying to do this for him as much as for us.

I also know is he was a very good defensive player in HS and every big name school in the country wanted him on defense He is a ++ Athelete who looks like a Tommy Blake clone. who easily could be a 10 year NFL vet as a 3-4 LB. Gotta at least give him a spring on that side of the ball to see if defense comes back to him...

asleep003

No guarantee he is going to be good on defense...

That's the main point, isn't it … and we do know that he 'can be' very productive at RB. Not his fault we basically have 1 wild frog play, run at the RT 8 times out of 10... not hard to defend against.

TX_Krötenechse

He’s a good running back. Is he an All American? Maybe not, but he’s pretty good, all things considered. I really don’t understand why everyone wants him to switch to a position he hasn’t played in years (or ever, in the case of DE). You can talk about DE depth all you want, but he is one of exactly three RBs currently on our roster. So keep that in mind.

f_399

I am not even sure why he was positioned as a running back

He is at least 6’3”?

Name successful running backs around that height?

That’s taller than Adrian Peterson

PO Frog

I actually think Sewo could be an NFL caliber LB.
I just don't really understand this. Based on what? He's got a good frame but nothing out of the ordinary in the NFL. I could see a guy like Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker run the ball and just know that they would excel at any position on the field, but I don't get that vibe from 33. He doesn't even dominate his own position that he cares deeply about.