• The KillerFrogs

Frog Fans best be careful what they wish for...

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Bingo!!!

Not one of these so called fans would dare say anything to his face. If anyone wants to go ask the coach to his face they are welcome to come with me on Thursday and ask their questions/comments on the direction of the program!! I know there will be no takers.
The fans that act like this wouldn’t spend their money on the program to attend. They are the type of fans that [ hundin] about attendance then won’t go to the next game because “the team sucks.” They can quit for all I care.

HToady

I don't understand how you can go from B12 Championship game one year to last place the next.
OU lost a Heisman winner and didn't fall off at all.
We've been on top most of the time (with the same coaches we have right now).
Why is it that we can't "reload" like OU?
Are the issues not in recruiting? What makes us unappealing?

fwfrog

I think most would agree we don’t want coach p to leave, his side of the ball is doing fine but the fact that I have to say, his side is the problem. It’s his WHOLE team.

He needs to change his hands off approach to anything but the defense. He needs to hire new coaches because the current ones aren’t cutting it.
I don’t believe CGP has the hands off approach to the offense that you think he does. He determines who and how many are recruited for the offense, what stye of offense that is run ie ball control, time of possession and personnel. He requires that the offense is run to maximize his defense, which he believes wins the games. He may not call the plays but he expects a specific result. He controls the offense.

jake102

Two turnovers changed that game from a 31-24 win to a 27-24 (safety not included) loss. Cumbie’s offense moved the ball at will. GP’s patchwork defense held up despite having half the expected players due to injuries. Hell, even special teams did their job including a huge punt we haven’t seen all year.

That game was lost when Collins played catch with KU near the goal line and DA decided it was a good time to not secure the ball. Turnovers not coaching.

But let’s fire everyone. I hope to hell GP reads this crap and l wonder how many of you would say any of this to his face.

Some changes need to be made. We need to recruit more lineman, someway, anyway. Maybe a few assistants need to be discussed. But if you want a rebound season next year it isn’t happening with a brand new staff.

Turnovers. Same problem it’s been all year. Point to a loss that didn’t happen because of them.

He brought in a completely new system and OCs following 2013 disaster and we were awesome. 2-3 guys need to go to shake things up.

TCUWIN

Anyone who wants GP gone is totally insane.

Anyone who doesn't think there are some assistants who need to be strongly evaluated are equally insane imo.
I want Patterson to take over the program. Quit being a defensive coordinator. Be a leader again trough tough love instead of being soft. If we don’t get the 4 stars because Patterson is mean, so be it. Those paper tigers are losing to Kansas anyway. Get tough or get out. We aren’t in the big 12 because of Patterson. We are in the big 12 because Patterson recruited and coached tough kids because he too was tough. That mentality has gone away. Get it back and get this program back.

Horny4TCU

Ride or die with coach P, I do think other members of the coaching staff need to be looked at.
200w.webp

giphy.webp

FrogLifeYo

Those calling for coaching changes, knee jerk reactions, "We should hire Matt Campbell...whiners..." Have you lost your mind!?! No frickin clue about coaching talent.

Yes, frogs are having a down year but TCU Football is Damn Lucky to have Patterson and Co. TCU would still be in the Mountain West or American Conference without a GP....Who played for a Big 12 Championship last year?

Coaches get too much of the credit for winning and too much of the blame for losing....

It's about the talent on the field!

Stick it knee jerks!

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t read one single person state we needed to get rid of GP..A whole lot of other coaches but not GP..There are those myself included that stated GP is having a tough year and doesn’t have the look of a guy who’s enjoying it like he used to. I also said that his system isnt as effective as it once was. That doesn’t meen I think he can’t coach anymore. One would have to be insane to think we should let him go.

sentcu

I’d like to think if I said to GPs face “we lost to Kansas and it didn’t feel like a fluke. I care deeply about this program and that is seriously concerning about where this team stands” he wouldn’t really even disagree. I think it’d be naive to think that yesterday wasn’t a serious indicator of deeper issues. I trust GP but all is not well at the moment and I don’t think it’s knee jerk or spoiled to think so.

Last edited:

asleep003

QUOTE="archifrog, post: 2646108, member: 2258"]Those calling for coaching changes, knee jerk reactions, "We should hire Matt Campbell...whiners..." Have you lost your mind!?! No frickin clue about coaching talent.
Yes, frogs are having a down year but TCU Football is Damn Lucky to have Patterson and Co. TCU would still be in the Mountain West or American Conference without a GP....Who played for a Big 12 Championship last year?
Coaches get too much of the credit for winning and too much of the blame for losing....
It's about the talent on the field!
Stick it knee jerks![/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple.
Frogs entered the season with a rebuilding need... fans with too high expectations.
a) We had youth and inexperience at QB... yet talented.
b) The OLine had 1 1/2 returning starters at best... and minimal depth.
c) Front 7 of D, to be best in B12 … then best player goes down in Aug.
d) No quality Wesley/Butler/Vasher large WRs, that most B12 teams have.

Though unrealistically hoping for an 8-4 regular season, did think we could
make a bowl. So we should finish the last 4 games of this season, focused
on developing players for next season...
a) Not eliminate Sr WRs totally .. but more snaps for our 2019 larger WRs.
b) Lets find out who those Big targets next year are going to be.
c) We should always have at least 1 out there ... with #1 and #4 next year.
d) Whether or not we need to add a JC/Sr transfer for help, lets do it.
e) Last time I'm going to request this, we need real WR coaches on staff !

Last edited: