• The KillerFrogs

Changes Need to be Made

pgdaly84

I don’t want to hear “But he’s a really good recruiter!” Our offensive staff is awful. This is the most poorly coached unit in my time around TCU football and it’s not close. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Charlie Strong lost his job for losing to Kansas. Time for us to do some housekeeping of our own. Just embarrassing.

6Frog6

I don’t want to hear “But he’s a really good recruiter!” Our offensive staff is awful. This is the most poorly coached unit in my time around TCU football and it’s not close. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Charlie Strong lost his job for losing to Kansas. Time for us to do some housekeeping of our own. Just embarrassing.
Our HC/DC reminds me in some ways of Abe Martin just before he retired.

Limey Frog

It's a debacle right now. GP's refusal to get rid of people has always been the achilles heel of this program. Anderson's offense was so bad when he ran the unit, but he was just reassigned. Cumbie and Meach seemed to turn things around, but it seems clear now that this was more Tre/Doctson's greatness than their coaching. We've done nothing without those two; right now we're doing worse than nothing. As the OP noted, recruiting is secondary. TCU's revival was built on fundamentals coached consistently well to a team made up of unfancied recruits.

Praising coaches for being "good recruiters" while your team shamelessly wastes talent with obviously poor preparation = Aggy. That's what we are right now: off-brand Aggy.

Double V

Can these good recruiters maybe find some kids that can tackle, catch, block, pass, and not turn the ball over? That would be a GREAT start...

Oh yeah, and not beat women would be nice, too.

texas_sicilian

Here’s a little fun fact for you...

The last time Kansas beat us, Hanson’s “Mmmbop” was near the top of the billboard charts.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Really? One year removed from double digit wins and people want to tear it all up?
Dude, this team looks bad. Soft bad. Running backs wont play hard the whole game and are afraid to hit the hole. One cant seem to carry the ball correctly. Defense has not tackled well the past few years. And our strength and conditioning coach is missing it for core and leg work that helps stabilize knees and ankles, so our injury list is a frickin phonebook by mid season.

Latest posts