• The KillerFrogs

Kansas Press Conference

LVH

Muck is a pseudo journalist that appears to have a perpetual, personal vandetta against all things TCU.

The “shoot first, aim later” style is beyond sloppy, its unprofessional.

If you have issue with his “pieces”, write his superiors at the FWST.

I will never subscribe to their paper again so long as he’s on their staff.

Not limited to the FWST but I agree

The shoot first aim later style of coverage seems to be a nationwide thing. Just look at how much false info is spread about Trump, then a correction is issued a few days later buried in a small print column on the 2nd to last page. All that matters is if the headline gets out, accuracy and facts be damned.

Elizabeth Warren was a good example. The initial headlines were that she was 3% Native. So the media ran with that in their "gotcha" attempt on Trump. The headline was out for a few hours until the correction was made... "Actually she is only 1/1024 native... and chances are that's not even native American, but could be South American indigineous". The correction got no coverage, no where close to the original headline.

kidkarr

Oh crap. Drop foot is really difficult to ever come back from, depending on what caused it. That's really really not good for his playing career.
It’s a nerve issue. Doc can elaborate but there are many varying degrees. The nerve heals slow but can heal. It can effect calf strength as well. Was knee injury on his plant or push side.

lazydaze

The only thing important in this press conference is that Gary made it clear that Shawn’s parents and Shawn have been making the decision about who plays starting quarterback. Am I the only one that is bothered by this?

netty2424

He could, yes, but the addition of drop foot introduces a variable we didn't know about, and it's a serious injury that has both a lengthy and uncertain recovery period. That's all I was saying. Not sure why you want to get all pedantic about it.
I actually think with that severe of an injury it’s somewhat common.

lazydaze

The shoot first aim later style of coverage seems to be a nationwide thing. Just look at how much false info is spread about Trump, then a correction is issued a few days later buried in a small print column on the 2nd to last page. All that matters is if the headline gets out, accuracy and facts be damned.

Elizabeth Warren was a good example. The initial headlines were that she was 3% Native. So the media ran with that in their "gotcha" attempt on Trump. The headline was out for a few hours until the correction was made... "Actually she is only 1/1024 native... and chances are that's not even native American, but could be South American indigineous". The correction got no coverage, no where close to the original headline.

Mean Purple

The only thing important in this press conference is that Gary made it clear that Shawn’s parents and Shawn have been making the decision about who plays starting quarterback. Am I the only one that is bothered by this?
Well,
A. That is not the only important thing. We also learned that the school/coach did acted with the best information they were given by/could find on Turpin at the time.

B. yes, you are the only one. It was likely important for SR to know that he would be fighting some pain or discomfort if he played with a shoulder issue. Good to have his parents involved they and shawn will want a clear picture on it.

riffram2011

When you make a claim like this, with no evidence of an article showing she was 3% native, you're decrying the supposed bias you are complaining about.

kidkarr

You serious Clark?

Was in regards to him playing hurt.

As an aside it seems every third time I visit the board I have to look up someone because he has posted a hot but ridiculously stupid sports opinion only to find they joined this week (or maybe longer ago but they have a single digit post count)