• The KillerFrogs

Rest of the season

MinFrog

I am pretty jacked right now. Not sure why, maybe it is part of the grieving process from SR, Turp, etc.

Things I am excited for the rest of the season:
- Getting Cordel back, makes a huge improvement
- Letting Collins get some run. We heard it was close between him and SR, now let's find out
- No Turp means we should get to see some younguns at WR. Hopefully Stephens and Hunt get some reps along with Davis and Barber
- With the injuries in the secondary we should see what the future looks like with TMW, Johson, Holmes, etc.
- of the last 5 games, we should win 4 of them. Good momentum going into the bowl game
- outside chance to see Rogers get some reps of live action towards the end of the season

I'd love to see some pep back in the step like we saw in Q2 of the OU game with Collins providing a spark. Should be a fun last 5 games boys.

PhillyFrog

The Germans just bombed Pearl Harbor!

I'm with you MinFrog, with one small exception. I wonder whether we'd be best off trying for a Medshirt for Iwuagwu. He started four games, so I dunno if that's possible.

Moose Stuff

I am pretty jacked right now. Not sure why, maybe it is part of the grieving process from SR, Turp, etc.

Things I am excited for the rest of the season:
- Getting Cordel back, makes a huge improvement
- Letting Collins get some run. We heard it was close between him and SR, now let's find out
- No Turp means we should get to see some younguns at WR. Hopefully Stephens and Hunt get some reps along with Davis and Barber
- With the injuries in the secondary we should see what the future looks like with TMW, Johson, Holmes, etc.
- of the last 5 games, we should win 4 of them. Good momentum going into the bowl game
- outside chance to see Rogers get some reps of live action towards the end of the season

I'd love to see some pep back in the step like we saw in Q2 of the OU game with Collins providing a spark. Should be a fun last 5 games boys.

I’m feeling oddly positive myself.

Wexahu

I’m feeling oddly positive myself.

Me too. Not sure whether it's because I want to see something new or it's because I'm genuinely positive, but if we come out flat as a pancake and stink up the place Saturday we'll be staring 3-9 right in the face.

I just have a gut feeling some players who haven't had much of a chance so far are going to step up and show something. Man, I hope I'm right.

LSU Game Attendee

Pressure's off now. Time to enjoy the balance of 2018, "grow..", and maybe even win football games.
MV5BYTBhY2Q5MDctY2U2Ny00N2U5LTk1YWItZjRhNjRhZGQzMjlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE5MzM3MjA@._V1_.jpg

Moose Stuff

Yes agreed. Tbh I would be surprised if we win 2 more games. KU always plays us tough, K State and OSU are toss ups. Baylor can be very good if playing as a team.

You need to tap the brakes on putting words like “Baylor” and “very good” in the same sentence. They’re improving, let’s leave it at that.

Planks

The schedule definitely gives reason for hope if TCU can keep it together and not fall apart. Look at the standings from the Big 12 website:

1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. West Virginia
4. Texas Tech
5. Baylor
6. Iowa State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Kansas State
9. TCU
10. Kansas

So half-way through the conference schedule we’ve already played the #1, #2, #4, and #6 teams, and I expect Iowa state will finish higher than #6 at year end. Throw in an out of conference game against one of the best teams in the country in Ohio State, and it’s clear TCU has played a very difficult first half schedule.

In our remaining conference schedule, TCU plays the #3, #5, #7, #8, and #10 conference teams. So there is opportunity there if TCU can take advantage of it.

It won’t surprise me if TCU goes 4-1 over the last five games. It also won’t surprise me if TCU loses to Kansas.

I also wonder how this season would have gone if our conference schedule had be reversed. I think this team could have really benefited from some easier games earlier in the year to help build up their confidence.