• The KillerFrogs

Kansas Press Conference

LisaLT

It's what Jaylon Smith (Cowboys LB) had for a long time after tearing up his knee really bad. I "think" its when you have trouble lifting the front of your foot, or your toes I guess, if that makes any sense. So your foot just kind of hangs a little and it's hard to move around. If I'm way off base here someone let me know.
that actually makes sense!

what does "drop foot" mean? anyone?
Quick definition: It’s a condition where a person has difficulty lifting the front part of the foot such that the toes can dead unless they step unusually high. It’s usually associated with nerve or muscle damage higher in the leg and can be temporary or permanent. The foot kind of flops

don

Dixon - we have 12 practices left. you get 30. looking forward to it. work to do. exciting time, we are coming close. rankings are out. lot of excitement. lot of work to do. not where we want to be.

Zubaz

Easy with the career advice.
It's not advice, it's concern. Coming back from a ligament tear is one thing, there's generally a prognosis and reasonable estimate of recovery time. Drop foot is entirely different, depending on how bad it is and what's caused it. In some cases, it's a permanent condition that you have to work around.

don

health- jaylon doing some 5 on 5 stuff. Lat is close. lot of guys out during summer.

#20 ranking? a great thing. we have 5 returning guys and 8 new guys.

3 guys returning on floor right now. Lat and JD play same position.

don

tough league, best in country.

excited about challenge. have to see about Jaylon, no time table. he feels good.

Wexahu

I believe drop foot is when your foot almost dangles because you cant lift/ raise the front part of your foot. Usually its because of nerve damage

Last year, at least at the start of the year, Jaylon Smith wore a special kind of shoe that kind of lifted the foot for him, which allowed him to play. Not ideal, but if a LB can play in the NFL with the condition, even if he's a bit compromised, you'd have to think a QB would have a shot too.

LisaLT

health- jaylon doing some 5 on 5 stuff. Lat is close. lot of guys out during summer.

#20 ranking? a great thing. we have 5 returning guys and 8 new guys.

3 guys returning on floor right now. Lat and JD play same position.
um who is Lat

LisaLT

Last year, at least at the start of the year, Jaylon Smith wore a special kind of shoe that kind of lifted the foot for him, which allowed him to play. Not ideal, but if a LB can play in the NFL with the condition, even if he's a bit compromised, you'd have to think a QB would have a shot too.
I agree. Also Robinson still has several months of recovery still to go before the 2019 season begins. Hopefully he will continue to work his way to a full recovery (no drop foot!)

don

amazing thing is how hard Jaylon goes and works.

defense on interior? we are not there yet. better offensively. we have to find a way to be better on defense. we've gone with 4 shooters on court. more skilled guys. we want to be best defensive team in the league.

new developmental league? not sure how its going to play out. nba is doing it for the nba. helps their G League. they are trying to make it better.

Mean Purple

It's something that's not tolerated.

He talked to one of my assistants. He was late coming back from spring break. we ran the check and this is what we got back at the time.
This would seem to be correct. This is explained by the record out there online that only shows the criminal property damage ( the phone?).

netty2424

It's not advice, it's concern. Coming back from a ligament tear is one thing, there's generally a prognosis and reasonable estimate of recovery time. Drop foot is entirely different, depending on how bad it is and what's caused it. In some cases, it's a permanent condition that you have to work around.
I’m clear on drop foot. Also clear that he can make full recovery and have a great career. Jaylon Smith referenced above is now one of the faster LB’s in the league after having a very severe case.

You stated ‘that’s not good for his playing career,’ he may be just fine and have a great career.