• The KillerFrogs

FYI.... opposing fans in season ticket holder seats

T-Ray

Even if TCU did want to do something about this, how would they inforce it?

First, we hang up "we reserve the right to refuse service" signs. Flag season tickets so the ticket scanners pop something up. If said fan has on the wrong colors don't let them in. That should work...

netty2424

TCU is not planning to pull tickets away from people, they are only going to ask nicely for them to only buy tickets they will use as frog fans, not for resale or profit. But, they won’t cancel people’s tickets, that decision has already been made.
No but the fact that it’s being publicly discussed is a step in the right direction. At least they know their fans are unhappy with it. Small win in my book.

Eight

No but the fact that it’s being publicly discussed is a step in the right direction. At least they know their fans are unhappy with it. Small win in my book.

first the plus 4 and then time to focus the fan disfavor on the real issues plaguing the athletic department......crappy condiment choices at lupton

BABYFACE

I think the hard part for most of us is that for all the years when TCU struggled with ticket sales, some of us long term fans bought extra tickets to bring friends to the games to help grow the fan base. Plus, think of all the loyal diehards that were at the games no matter what.

Then came a renovated stadium and reseating with the infamous plus 4 and most found themselves moved from the lower west side seating bowl. That was the initial rub. I knew of people that took advantage of the plus 4 strictly for resale. There would have been Frog fans to buy those tickets without the plus 4. The first 3 plus years saw a waiting list for season tickets.

It just pisses us off to see all these fans from opposing schools sitting in season ticket holder seats that bought thru Stubhub.

CDC did a lot to position and move TCU up, but some of those moves were at the expense of long time diehard Frog fans.

tcumaniac

Even if TCU did want to do something about this, how would they inforce it?

First, we hang up "we reserve the right to refuse service" signs. Flag season tickets so the ticket scanners pop something up. If said fan has on the wrong colors don't let them in. That should work...
A lot of the decisions made by CDC are fairly irreversible barring a complete reseating of the stadium (which I can't fathom happening), but I do think there is a fairly practical and fair way that could help dissuade people from hoarding up extra seats for the sole purpose of reselling.

As it stands now, you get a priority point for every ticket you buy. I'm of the opinion that people aren't buying extra seats to make money, but to accumulate extra priority points for what ends up being for free after the seats are resold.

If TCU were to cap the amount of cumulative season ticket points per season at a number such as "six," I think it would tremendously cut down on the amount of extra resell tickets that are bought.

A family of 8 wouldn't stop buying 8 season tickets just because they were only getting 6 points, but Joe Schmo who only uses 2 tickets would think twice before he bought 8 extra seats to resell.

The obvious problem is that this would result in is less season ticket sales, and less guaranteed revenue. And let’s not ignore the fact that TCU has a partnership with Stubhub and appears to have some sort of profit sharing agreement for resold tickets.

And now we’ve arrived at the grand dilemma. What’s more important? Maximizing season ticket sales and the bottom line? Or is it doing our best to maximize our home field advantage for Coach Patterson, our student athletes, and our fans?

HFrog1999

A lot of the decisions made by CDC are fairly irreversible barring a complete reseating of the stadium (which I can't fathom happening), but I do think there is a fairly practical and fair way that could help dissuade people from hoarding up extra seats for the sole purpose of reselling.

As it stands now, you get a priority point for every ticket you buy. I'm of the opinion that people aren't buying extra seats to make money, but to accumulate extra priority points for what ends up being for free after the seats are resold.

If TCU were to cap the amount of cumulative season ticket points per season at a number such as "six," I think it would tremendously cut down on the amount of extra resell tickets that are bought.

A family of 8 wouldn't stop buying 8 season tickets just because they were only getting 6 points, but Joe Schmo who only uses 2 tickets would think twice before he bought 8 extra seats to resell.

The obvious problem is that this would result in is less season ticket sales, and less guaranteed revenue. And let’s not ignore the fact that TCU has a partnership with Stubhub and appears to have some sort of profit sharing agreement for resold tickets.

And now we’ve arrived at the grand dilemma. What’s more important? Maximizing season ticket sales and the bottom line? Or is it doing our best to maximize our home field advantage for Coach Patterson, our student athletes, and our fans?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

tcumaniac

I only think those that have high priority points and have access to some of the better seats are truly turning a consistent profit on their extra stubhub seats. For example I know a person that sits in club seats and has more than 8 additional prime seats on the east side. He sells the east side seats for every single game and turns a pretty good profit by the end of the season that helps pay for his club seats. I know another person who's family sits in the club, and they also own seats in the west side lower bowl. Just like the first person, they sell these lower bowl seats for every game and make enough profit to almost completely cover the cost of their club seats. It's absolutely infuriating.

Unfortunately, these folks wouldn't be as motivated to stop doing what they're doing, even if they stopped getting points for their extra seats.

gdu

This makes no sense (to me, anyways). The only time I have ever cared about PP was when they were reseating the stadium. Beyond that, they are almost totally irrelevant.

Once you are in the seats you want, who cares what your PP rank is? What do you get for it? Better bowl tickets? Anyone could get better bowl tickets for the same or less money by buying off stubhub rather than TCU.

Am I missing something?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
first the plus 4 and then time to focus the fan disfavor on the real issues plaguing the athletic department......crappy condiment choices at lupton
When we first moved from the East Side to the West Side, Fred's Texas had the concession stand right behind our ramp. We had dined at that establishment through the years, and Terry knows us, so he perked up when I told him, "Sir, I wish to register a complaint!"
Terry was all ears, "What is it?"
I pointed at the condiment table, which had a ketchup dispenser, and a mustard dispenser. "You don't have a Chicken Sauce* dispenser."
Poor Terry looked at me in shock. His ops manager at the stand said, "Everybody's been asking for it..."

They weren't back the next season. Probably my fault.

*Sriracha sauce. They laid the nickname on it because of the big chicken on the label.

HFrog1999

I have a friend who used to be a ticket broker. He had tickets with professional and college teams all across the country.

Teams love brokers when they need to sell tickets. When they start selling out, they start weeding out the brokers.