• The KillerFrogs

Lots of Work to Do

pgdaly84

This team has completely given up. The D has no fight left with the offense completely unable to score. This is just hard to watch.

Dusty

This team has completely given up. The D has no fight left with the offense completely unable to score. This is just hard to watch.

I don't think they did. I think the offense died when Collins got hurt. The defense just ran out of gas because they were on the field to long. Way to many injuries on the defensive side of the ball as well. But I don't think they gave up.

Pharm Frog

I don't think they did. I think the offense died when Collins got hurt. The defense just ran out of gas because they were on the field to long. Way to many injuries on the defensive side of the ball as well. But I don't think they gave up.

I think they were toast before the QB change. Not sure if “given up” per se but completely uninspired and going through the motions

Horny4TCU

How many freshmen are starting for the first time, now? Our secondary is toast from all the injuries. We need Cumbie to use Collins and come up with a game plan that keeps the defense rested.

Eight

How many freshmen are starting for the first time, now? Our secondary is toast from all the injuries. We need Cumbie to use Collins and come up with a game plan that keeps the defense rested.

seriously? you are using the injuries in the secondary and cumbie's failures to try to explain in some part the fact that gary either simply doesn't have the personnel or have a plan that can be executed by this defense to slow down the ou offense.

yes, the injuries are real and the tcu offense is bad and today the tcu run defense was horrific. big ross would have helped as well as gaines, but remember that last year against ou in two games the sooners ran for 400 + and almost 5 a carry

today it was over 300 and almost 7 a pop and before any mentions fatigue ou went for almost 70 yards in the first quarter.

if you don't excuse cumbie for the fact the frogs only consistent offensive guard got hurt and the inside run game went completely to [ Finebaum ] or the youth an inexperience at the single most important offensive position don't even think about asking for that grace for gary and his defense after once again riley exposed him.

quite simply this game once again got decided in the lines and until tcu gets their rosters to a level they can compete it will continue to happen

Horny4TCU

seriously? you are using the injuries in the secondary and cumbie's failures to try to explain in some part the fact that gary either simply doesn't have the personnel or have a plan that can be executed by this defense to slow down the ou offense.

yes, the injuries are real and the tcu offense is bad and today the tcu run defense was horrific. big ross would have helped as well as gaines, but remember that last year against ou in two games the sooners ran for 400 + and almost 5 a carry

today it was over 300 and almost 7 a pop and before any mentions fatigue ou went for almost 70 yards in the first quarter.

if you don't excuse cumbie for the fact the frogs only consistent offensive guard got hurt and the inside run game went completely to [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] or the youth an inexperience at the single most important offensive position don't even think about asking for that grace for gary and his defense after once again riley exposed him.

quite simply this game once again got decided in the lines and until tcu gets their rosters to a level they can compete it will continue to happen
Agree, but having a healthy and experienced secondary would help. And being able to execute a game plan that keeps the ball away from them, would have at least kept it respectable. Not saying we win, but not lose as bad. Gary needs to figure something out for Riley, and that's a fact.

Volare

Agree, but having a healthy and experienced secondary would help. And being able to execute a game plan that keeps the ball away from them, would have at least kept it respectable. Not saying we win, but not lose as bad. Gary needs to figure something out for Riley, and that's a fact.

I'd say it probably starts with rushing more than 3 guys and not giving the QB 10 seconds to find an open receiver (who is probably being covered by a LB)

Eight

tcu has not been able to consistently run the ball since cordel went down with the injury and once again the tcu quarterbackS could not consistently make the throws needed to move the ball.

yes, i typed plural because as much as some on this board want to fawn over collins and beat their chest and type i told you they are skipping that in the second half collins struggled with some throws and that was before the injury.

so we can talk about all what would have we believe should have been, but tell me this one small thing. if you are sonny cumbie and you don't have a consistent run game to lean on and your young quarterbacks are strongly to make throws to keep drives alive as well as missed out on two long scores what exactly are you supposed to build this offensive game plan around to keep the ball away from ou?

Eight

I'd say it probably starts with rushing more than 3 guys and not giving the QB 10 seconds to find an open receiver (who is probably being covered by a LB)

you are wrong volare, if sonny puts together the right type of game plan there is no 3-man rush

pgdaly84

They had given up before Collins threw his first TD. They ran out of gas in the second half. Just glad to see a somewhat functional offense for the first time in weeks. Feeling better about our chances to make a bowl.

CountryFrog

Lincoln Riley is a better offensive mind than GP a defensive one. Just reality at this point. I’d chalk it up to talent discrepancy but GP gets destroyed after halftime adjustments
This is the conclusion I've come to as well. It's no knock on Gary. He's a great defensive coach. Riley is just clearly better as an offensive coach.

OU may have more talent than us, especially up front, but they're no more talented than Ohio St. Our defense actually had some answers for the OSU offense. We haven't had an answer for anything OU does since Riley has been there except to injure their starting QB.

OU easily gets matchups with their best receivers against our LBs and safeties every time we play them and their RBs run through one giant hole after another.

PO Frog

OU scored TDs on their first four possessions, just like the last three times we’ve played them. I don’t think it’s a matter of our defense being tired.

Eight

This is the conclusion I've come to as well. It's no knock on Gary. He's a great defensive coach. Riley is just clearly better as an offensive coach.

OU may have more talent than us, especially up front, but they're no more talented than Ohio St. Our defense actually had some answers for the OSU offense. We haven't had an answer for anything OU does since Riley has been there except to injure their starting QB.

OU easily gets matchups with their best receivers against our LBs and safeties every time we play them and their RBs run through one giant hole after another.

it has been mentioned here before that it seems that riley has as good an understanding to what adjustments and actions the tcu safeties will take based upon pre-snap formations and adjustments than any offensive coach.

maybe peterson at boise, but with boise it was a push on talent between tcu and boise. ou's line has just flat been better than tcu's defensive front combined with great skill personnel

Spike

OU scored TDs on their first four possessions, just like the last three times we’ve played them. I don’t think it’s a matter of our defense being tired.

Yes, they got manhandled early, but that doesn't mean that they weren't tired later.