• The KillerFrogs

FYI.... opposing fans in season ticket holder seats

steelfrog

Tier 1
After a small amount of research the answer is we are not a “top athletic program.” Unless you consider such powerhouses as Wake Forest and Vanderbilt and (gasp) BAYLOR UNIVERSITY to be “top athletic programs”, all of whom finished ahead of us in the Directors Cup, where we are 58th out of 291.

Who knows where we’d be without the rifle team

Some of you people are so provincial and narrow - minded that it boggles the mind

After a small amount of research the answer is we are not a “top athletic program.” Unless you consider such powerhouses as Wake Forest and Vanderbilt and (gasp) BAYLOR UNIVERSITY to be “top athletic programs”, all of whom finished ahead of us in the Directors Cup, where we are 58th out of 291.

Who knows where we’d be without the rifle team

Some of you people are so provincial and narrow - minded that it boggles the mind
Using your own figures, is that not in the top 20% of the top athletic programs in the country? Not bad by any measure but pretty remarkable given enrollment and the resources of the many large state schools.

tcumaniac

CDC was very selfish and short sighted in a lot of things he did. It was all about the immediate bottom line, and how he could make himself appear more impressive. To his credit, it worked out just like I imagine he planned it would. Unfortunately for us, it left our stadium in shambles, our fanbase fractured, and our home field advantage all but non-existent.

tcumaniac

And I can't help but point out that I've been bitching about this [ Finebaum ] since the day our stadium reseating procedure was announced. It was all so predictable, and yet I've been given so much crap for it by this board for such a long time. Hopefully, we're finally getting to the breaking point where something is actually done about it.

cdsfrog

For the love of God please everybody contact Donati.

I will be turning in a +4 person who posts on this board and sells majority of their tickets every single game to turn a profit

Not a good a business model. Section 300 non chairback seats I couldn't get anyone here to take for face value. Dropping them next year. 300 chairbacks took all of 5 seconds though.

cdsfrog

Not controlled by stubhub. TCU already has access to every seat that is sold.

TCU only gets the direct data if you sell them via single game tickets. That records and logs stuhub sales direct to your gofrogs account. If you sell your season tickets you don't enter barcodes and nothing is logged. However, it shows as a single log entry as of 10/18/18. I kept my seats as I was planning to move back to states after my wife's job contract got canceled last year in September. It was renewed last second for the 2nd year in a row.

Dropping them next year.

Paint It Purple

Despite the hard times, almost always my favorite six days of the year
Agree. My wife and I have 4 seats and never miss a game. The other two seats always have a TCU fan sitting there. Have never "sold" a seat. We find family, friends, or strangers to give the tickets to. All anyone with a spare ticket has to do is stroll by the ticket windows an hour or two before the game. Someone in purple will take them. Face it, it takes all kinds to fill a stadium and some of them are greedy, slimy and not real TCU fans. I've bought Frog baseball tickets from some of them, and walked away with my skin crawling.

Bob Sugar

CDC was very selfish and short sighted in a lot of things he did. It was all about the immediate bottom line, and how he could make himself appear more impressive. To his credit, it worked out just like I imagine he planned it would. Unfortunately for us, it left our stadium in shambles, our fanbase fractured, and our home field advantage all but non-existent.
How’s the view from your seats on the 50-yard line?

HFrog1999

This is why 09(yr?) Utah will never happen again. Back then the seats were actually owned by the best fans, not the wealthiest. 20-20 was all purple and way louder. New stadium can never duplicate that in the current format. Sux for game day experience for sure.

They did a lot of damage to fan loyalty with the reseating process and the plus 4.

The school signaled that money is what matters, it’s not surprising to see fans act the same way.

It’s hard to plan to make every game these days with TV controlling the game times. It was easier back in the MWC days when we knew the times in advance and we had more night games.

It is what it is. I find it’s better not to worry about it. I think the 2009 Utah game was the high watermark for our home game experience.

JugbandFrog

They did a lot of damage to fan loyalty with the reseating process and the plus 4.

The school signaled that money is what matters, it’s not surprising to see fans act the same way.

It’s hard to plan to make every game these days with TV controlling the game times. It was easier back in the MWC days when we knew the times in advance and we had more night games.

It is what it is. I find it’s better not to worry about it. I think the 2009 Utah game was the high watermark for our home game experience.
The San Diego State 2010 game where we won 40-35 was the pinnacle. I had my regular ol’ season tickets that were on the 10 yard line of the West side. This was when you could always count on the West side being full of purple, but it was families, little kids running around and having fun.

The Frogs needed everyone that day. We got down early and it looled like our BCS chances would go up in smoke. It wasn’t a “big” game and the fans were electric. It was the fans believing in the team that propelled them to victory that day.

It was my last great home game memory. Since then, I have grown to dislike home games to the point where I don’t bother to go anymore, and this year, I did not renew my season tickets.

The opposing fans surrounding me, then drowning out of the band for manufactured crap music, and the general bleh of the in-stadium experience. I could care less about the wins or losses, I have not been exposed to the dark years like some, but I sat through my fair share of tough years.

I also remember my friend RicksterH feeling the same way in his last years. I know he was more of a basketball fan, and I wish he was alive to see the resurgence. I am glad he didn’t have to witness the basketball program selling out his loyalty the same way football did his.

+4 has to go.

I was talking to another poster about this last week. We're entering a period of fan apathy. Maybe winning has gotten old with some. Were going on, what, 17-18 years of success? It's great we're in the B12 now but after 2 decades and several conference championships all we have to hang out hats on are Rose Bowl and Chick-fil-A victories. We were so close to the top of the pyramid a couple times and now we're nowhere near it at all. Have we become an entitled fanbase? Some will argue we always have been. But either way you shake it, a malaise has entered the program and the coaching staff and administration has to figure out a way to fix it before things spiral out of control.

Ron Swanson

I was talking to another poster about this last week. We're entering a period of fan apathy. Maybe winning has gotten old with some. Were going on, what, 17-18 years of success? It's great we're in the B12 now but after 2 decades and several conference championships all we have to hang out hats on are Rose Bowl and Chick-fil-A victories. We were so close to the top of the pyramid a couple times and now we're nowhere near it at all. Have we become an entitled fanbase? Some will argue we always have been. But either way you shake it, a malaise has entered the program and the coaching staff and administration has to figure out a way to fix it before things spiral out of control.
We’re having a bad season. We have had them before and we will have them again.

We were a top ten team LAST YEAR for crying out loud.

Big Frog II

This more than a +4 problem. It is regular season ticket holders coming to a few games that fit their schedule and selling those that don't. We have about 30,000 season tickets. Half of those people would never sell their tickets to opponents. Half will and do. That is the big problem. We also have a lot of corporate season ticket holders. During the MWC days their were few fans from opponent schools who would ever ask for those games. Now that we are back in the Big 12 there are tons of fans that ask for those tickets when their school comes to town. I don't know what the solution in, but I do know it is just not a +4 problem.

Of course, winning could help.

Horny 4 Life

I agree with a good bit of this. We had great seats before the remodel and reseating and we never would've thought about selling those seats. Then the west side renovation happened and our seating options weren't good. Like many others on this board we got the direct impression from TCU that the seating situation was purely business and all about the $$$. I'm not sure why they would expect fans to act differently.

I don't know how the AD can try to chastise season ticket holders who sell their tickets on the market after the previous AD made a big deal about how we had a lot of donors/season ticket holders who were fans/alumni from other Big 12 schools and that it was ok for them to cheer on their school at AGCS once a year.