• The KillerFrogs

FYI.... opposing fans in season ticket holder seats

Moose Stuff

There was a long exchange previous to this where the fan complained that his elderly father(or grandfather) had to walk the ramp with a cane because students were lined up forever to ride the elevator. Asked about having a dedicated ADA elevator. Started out civil, but honestly, JD blew him off and basically said tough [ steaming pile of Orgeron ], the elevator isn't just for you. I thought JD was 100% wrong on this one.

I just assume that anyone whose twitter handle is Trump The Snowflake is probably an [ Arschloch]. JD takes time out of his day to take crap from upset fans and does a very respectful job of it. I’m gonna side with him over the guy with the anonymous name blowing him up.

LionsBearsFrogs

I live 10+ hours away and haven’t made a home game in three seasons, but I’m more disturbed by ADJD’s response to the soreheads on Twitter than I am to the amount of crimson I saw on TV today. We knew who CDC was when he engaged with every snowflake on Twitter. I wish ADJD would remain above the fray a bit until he has some skins on the wall.

Moose Stuff

I live 10+ hours away and haven’t made a home game in three seasons, but I’m more disturbed by ADJD’s response to the soreheads on Twitter than I am to the amount of crimson I saw on TV today. We knew who CDC was when he engaged with every snowflake on Twitter. I wish ADJD would remain above the fray a bit until he has some skins on the wall.

I wish he’d stop engaging the one fan who keeps going after him but I don’t agree with your reasoning that he has to somehow earn the right to engage fans by putting skins on the wall. He’s our ATHLETIC DIRECTOR and you want him to ignore the fans?

MTfrog5

He was CDC right hand man and really did more work than any of us realize. He put together everything for CDC and then CDC would go be the used car salesman. There is a reason why CDC is still calling JD asking him what they did when they worked on certain areas. Good for JD trying to fix the issue the CDC created.

LionsBearsFrogs

He is the AD of one of the top athletic programs in the country. He needs to recognize that people are upset because of the on-field results. People are complaining about Pepsi, music, and +4, but they wouldn’t be so vocal if we were winning. His response gives them a larger audience and makes things seem worse than they are... and, in football, they are admittedly bad.

Moose Stuff

He is the AD of one of the top athletic programs in the country. He needs to recognize that people are upset because of the on-field results. People are complaining about Pepsi, music, and +4, but they wouldn’t be so vocal if we were winning. His response gives them a larger audience and makes things seem worse than they are... and, in football, they are admittedly bad.

So only engage fans when things are going well? Solid plan.

NYC Horned Frog

It’s possible to reply via DM.

Looks like he's asking the more crazy ones to respond to him via DM or call him directly. If they tweet to him then he DM's the person, it would look worse. It would look like he's ignoring them or blowing them off. He's responding to them the exact way he's getting contacted. Right move in my opinion.

CountryFrog

I agree the losing makes people want to reach out more out of frustration. That doesn't mean they're all wrong though.

TX_Krötenechse

Fixing +4 would go a long way towards improving our game day atmosphere, as would removing the country club seats behind the team. But neither of these things will ever happen because the donors we rely on are those same people.

Moose Stuff

That Snowflake jackass started dropping f bombs everywhere and got blocked. Totally predictable.

Meanwhile I see a member of the board chiming in.

steelfrog

Tier 1

By what measure is TCU one of the top athletic programs in the country? Genuinely curious. Our budget? We don’t even field teams in numerous major sports. We aren’t near the top in Sears Cup or whatever it’s called.

CountryFrog

By what measure is TCU one of the top athletic programs in the country? Genuinely curious. Our budget? We don’t even field teams in numerous major sports. We aren’t near the top in Sears Cup or whatever it’s called.
You very obviously know the answer to this question. Anyone who even casually follows TCU athletics understands this.

According to Google, there are 5300 colleges in the US. 129 play FBS football and only 65 of those are in Power 5 conferences. If you do nothing but math, it seems rather obvious. The only "major" sport for which TCU does not field a team is Women's Softball. No one cares about wrestling, rowing, gymnastics and such and men's soccer is not a major sport due to T9 issues.