• The KillerFrogs

ot - [ What the heck? ] joe west

MAcFroggy

Default is to not call what you cannot see. That way in all sports. Don't anticipate. Don't assume. Don't "think" what may have happened. See or not see. And yes, the default (presumption) should be that it was a HR until reviewed and declared otherwise. If a tie goes to the runner, doesn't that reward the offense? Yes it does. And that's baseball. The defense has such an overwhelming statistical advantage that it has been and should be this way. If a football official "thinks" a player is down, should he blow the whistle? No he should not.

But Joe West is saying he saw it... That is why he made that call...

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/rob-br...versial-call-taking-away-jose-altuve-home-run

ShreveFrog

This is best picture I’ve seen and didn’t see this last night. Fan in white from other angle we know is reaching over the fence and his hands are still behind the other fans that do make contact.

That's a great pic. If the fans' hands are beyond the wall, it's just barely. They are not "over the top" interfering with play. They're trying to catch a ball that's going to his them in the nuts if they don't react.

But I can see it both ways now. If I'm Boston, I would've been pissed if West and replay ruled it was a homer.

Ron Swanson

That's a great pic. If the fans' hands are beyond the wall, it's just barely. They are not "over the top" interfering with play. They're trying to catch a ball that's going to his them in the nuts if they don't react.

But I can see it both ways now. If I'm Boston, I would've been pissed if West and replay ruled it was a homer.
That last paragraph sums it up

Whatever, we ph*cking lost. It sucks. They caught every break, but in the end it doesn’t really matter, they were just better than us.

Their offense was relentless and we gave up too many 2-out hits.

froglash88

I’m a Red Sox fan. I have been a Sox fan my entire life. That said, the Houston Astros organization is pure class and it starts with the coach. Sports need more coaches like A. J. Hinch! I hope he has an influence on the youth coaches everywhere.

jake102

That last paragraph sums it up

Whatever, we ph*cking lost. It sucks. They caught every break, but in the end it doesn’t really matter, they were just better than us.

Their offense was relentless and we gave up too many 2-out hits.

Yep. It didn't really matter in the end, we weren't winning this series. That's an insane team on the offensive side.