• The KillerFrogs

Gaines out for the year?

Eight

What a disastrous season so far. And now down arguably our best or 2nd best defensive player. What did we do to the football gods?

so you write your title with a question mark and then the body of your post as it is a known which it might, but just for clarification which one is it?

Horny4TCU

I stopped drinking this summer and still haven't had a drop... Maybe I need to sacrifice a six pack to appease the gods of football.

Beer 1 - god of fumbles
Beer 2 - god of interceptions
Beer 3 - god of drops
Beer 4 - god of injuries
Beer 5 - god of offensive play calling
Beer 6 - god of punting

Eight

thanks for info f.i. and riggs

shame, gaines was having a nice year. did anyone actually see the injury? broadcast just showed him down on the sideline, but nothing else.

looking at depth chart number of YOUNG players will be getting reps, especially if small is still out.

seems like just a few months ago the loss of vonger and mike o didn't seem like issues because of the players ahead of them

Pharm Frog

I stopped drinking this summer and still haven't had a drop... Maybe I need to sacrifice a six pack to appease the gods of football.

Beer 1 - god of fumbles
Beer 2 - god of interceptions
Beer 3 - god of drops
Beer 4 - god of injuries
Beer 5 - god of offensive play calling
Beer 6 - god of punting

Good plan. Even better if you rip off that six-pack of Keystone from a frat party.

Horny4TCU

What year did we have a team full of freshmen and sophomores due to injuries? Literally, like everyone was getting injured and Gary had a crazy good team for one that was being held together with splints and cast plaster.

Pharm Frog

Injuries suck and injuries to stand-out players stand-out as sucking. But all teams go through this and we’re just closer to our situation. What I do think is different is that we don’t ever appear to have the bench strength to mitigate against such injuries. Personally I think part of that is recruiting and part of that are schemes on both sides of the ball that aren’t as intuitive to incoming players which means longer to develop spare but effective parts. (O because there’s no apparent core philosophy and D because the 4-2-5 is pretty complex and fluid).