• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Could TCU go with a QB rotation against the Sooners on Saturday?

netty2424

Weren’t those two of his first passes in the series of his first real game time, ever? Recall he began to settle in after the fact...

Certainly can make an argument that SR has been given a LOT more leeway to make worse mistakes than that.
I was responding to a point that MC had not been allowed to attempt a pass. I didn't know how many attempts he’s had on the year, more just answering that post that he had in fact thrown a few passes.

And to be clear, his point was somewhat of a question if he’d thrown a pass. I was just answering that.

To your point, and totally different discussion, I completely agree. SR has been extended much more latitude, but that’s only natural as he’s the starter and they clearly feel like he gives us the best shot to win.

Does that latitude end this week? Seems like it would be a weird time to pull the cord given the opponent. But we’ll see.

Moose Stuff

I think Moose has gotten much more angry as this week has progressed.

I wouldn’t argue with that. I’m angry to the extent that our team isn’t very good and the one or two times a week our HC has a chance to talk about it he gives me a bunch of weird [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] about how people thought Tech was gonna score 80,000 points or having to play in Ames at night (what???) or gambling related death threats or how he’s not happy that our backup QB doesn’t play more as if he isn’t the HEAD COACH. And I don’t care if maybe he gave Sonny some sort of autonomy over personnel decisions. You’re the HC and if you want to see Collins then put him in the scheissing game and tough [ Finebaum ] for Sonny if he doesn’t like it. What’s he gonna do? Leave? I’m sure there’s a high demand for his offense right now across the country. And if Collins isn’t good enough to play then for the love of god stop talking about it.

texas_sicilian

I wouldn’t argue with that. I’m angry to the extent that our team isn’t very good and the one or two times a week our HC has a chance to talk about it he gives me a bunch of weird [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] about how people thought Tech was gonna score 80,000 points or having to play in Ames at night (what???) or gambling related death threats or how he’s not happy that our backup QB doesn’t play more as if he isn’t the HEAD COACH. And I don’t care if maybe he gave Sonny some sort of autonomy over personnel decisions. You’re the HC and if you want to see Collins then put him in the scheissing game and tough [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] for Sonny if he doesn’t like it. What’s he gonna do? Leave? I’m sure there’s a high demand for his offense right now across the country. And if Collins isn’t good enough to play then for the love of god stop talking about it.

Mean Purple

I was responding to a point that MC had not been allowed to attempt a pass. I didn't know how many attempts he’s had on the year, more just answering that post that he had in fact thrown a few passes.

And to be clear, his point was somewhat of a question if he’d thrown a pass. I was just answering that.

To your point, and totally different discussion, I completely agree. SR has been extended much more latitude, but that’s only natural as he’s the starter and they clearly feel like he gives us the best shot to win.

Does that latitude end this week? Seems like it would be a weird time to pull the cord given the opponent. But we’ll see.
If they could get him to step into passes correctly, he could have the ball on target a lot. Its almost as if he anticipates pressure too much. Don't get me wrong, i want him to haul it when it is there, but sometimes, use the time your bought and spin it well. The TD pass he through while on the run Thursday shows arm strength, but there was no reason for him to no reset his feet some. That defender was not that close. A good play by the rcvr on the back end was the reward.

netty2424

If they could get him to step into passes correctly, he could have the ball on target a lot. Its almost as if he anticipates pressure too much. Don't get me wrong, i want him to haul it when it is there, but sometimes, use the time your bought and spin it well. The TD pass he through while on the run Thursday shows arm strength, but there was no reason for him to no reset his feet some. That defender was not that close. A good play by the rcvr on the back end was the reward.
Maybe he realizes the lines short-comings and he’s paranoid.

Froggy Style

We aren’t able to change on O. Either we have a QB that is mobile enough to overcome bad plays, or we’re screwed as our current QB can recognize underneath coverage, and was taught to carry the ball high and tight.

Worried about Cumbie’s ability to change. Shovel pass one week after it being the defining play against OSU was just ridiculous.

Wexahu

We aren’t able to change on O. Either we have a QB that is mobile enough to overcome bad plays, or we’re screwed as our current QB can recognize underneath coverage, and was taught to carry the ball high and tight.

Worried about Cumbie’s ability to change. Shovel pass one week after it being the defining play against OSU was just ridiculous.

I'm less bothered by the play calls then I am the apparent lack of teaching going on. Our QB's mechanics and fundamentals are sometimes downright awful and our backups haven't seemed all that prepared when they come in (relative to what I see at other programs), lots of deer in the headlights moments through the years with our 2nd stringers. It's not so much the plays called as it is the execution IMO, and executing comes down to stressing the little things.

BleedNPurple

you might want to cut back on the drinking while watching the games if you can't even remember if collins has been allowed to attempt a pass

I confess - I have been tied up during some of the games (losses) and what I’ve seen of Collins has been handoffs.
Collins has actually attempted 14 passes this season, completing six and one TD (3-5 for 71 yards and a TD vs Southern, and 3-9 for 34 yards vs Texas).

Count me as one who thinks SR will be very good/great before he leaves TCU, but also put me in the column that says MC should play if QB1 continues turning the ball over.

Collins is a stud - https://gofrogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=848. He’s got AD NFL potential as well as SR and a year at Penn St under his belt. What’s wrong with having 2 rock stars at the helm. Whoever has the hot hand and is moving the team and NOT TURNING OVER THE BALL gets to play.

BigPurple87

I confess - I have been tied up during some of the games (losses) and what I’ve seen of Collins has been handoffs.

Collins is a stud - https://gofrogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=848. He’s got AD NFL potential as well as SR and a year at Penn St under his belt. What’s wrong with having 2 rock stars at the helm. Whoever has the hot hand and is moving the team and NOT TURNING OVER THE BALL gets to play.

He didnt go to Penn state