• The KillerFrogs

16, 17, 14

DickBumpastache

As with almost every struggling offensive unit, our problems start up front. We’re consistently in 3rd & 6+ because we can’t establish the run on early downs and we don’t try to stretch the field either...likely because protection won’t hold up.

Until you figure out the blocking, offense will continue to spin its wheels. We saw the exact same thing with Boykin in ‘13 when everyone and their mother was clamoring for Tyler Mathews, or Foster Sawyer pre-‘14.

BABYFACE

Changes......Max Duggan our starting QB in 2019. I can’t wait to have an offense again!
TCU will have a QB battle for next season between Robinson, Collins, Rogers, and Duggan. I prefer a true freshman to redshirt as will be the case with Duggan. If SR doesn’t get it figured out, it would not surprise me to see JR seize the opportunity.

Eight

As with almost every struggling offensive unit, our problems start up front. We’re consistently in 3rd & 6+ because we can’t establish the run on early downs and we don’t try to stretch the field either...likely because protection won’t hold up.

Until you figure out the blocking, offense will continue to spin its wheels. We saw the exact same thing with Boykin in ‘13 when everyone and their mother was clamoring for Tyler Mathews, or Foster Sawyer pre-‘14.

the average distance for 3rd down in the second half was 8 yards. only 1 time did tcu face a 3rd down distance shorter than 3rd and 5.

i haven't gone back and checked the 3rd quarter numbers for the last 4 games, but coming out of the half the offense has struggled a great deal.

frogs had 90 yards rushing and 124 yards passing going 9 of 13 throwing the ball in the first half

3rd quarter the frogs ran for 17 yards and passed for 40 yards going 4 of 13 throwing the ball in that quarter alone

people want to lay this at the feet of one player, but what changed? i bet i will find a similar pattern in the texas game and the ohio state game

maybe it really is all on shawn and maybe it is a more complex issue. maybe it is the line play, the play calling, the offensive design, and the execution.

how to fix? heck if i know because i dont' know the true issues. for those calling for a change how deep do you dig to make that change? remember that cumbie has say in exactly one hire on the offensive staff.

somethings are a bit more complicated to fix than they appear from the outside

TX_Krötenechse

Just like 2013. In 2013 only the Texas game was a game we got completely outplayed in. In 2014 we fixed the problems and went 12-1.

I think this team is closer than people realize, it just sucks that we have to wait until next year to see the benefits of the ship being righted.
The problem with waiting for next season is that 1) Robinson has regressed during the season and shown no improvement since he arrived on campus, so we are basically hoping for an even younger and less experienced QB to win the job and 2) our defense is going to be worse next season than it is this season due to losing 100% of our DE production along with Summers and Issahaku.

LeagueCityFrog

Someone told me today that this TCU offense has not had this low of an offensive output since the 1996 team. 22 years since our fan base has seen this low output.

Horny4TCU

Someone told me today that this TCU offense has not had this low of an offensive output since the 1996 team. 22 years since our fan base has seen this low output.
Heard that too, on the post game show. I yelled at the radio to fire Cumbie and bench Robinson. At this point, just give Collins a shot. He has to be mad if he is watching this [ Finebaum ]e show from the sidelines and not getting a chance (assuming he knows he is practicing well).

Eight

offense is currently scoring just over 28 points a game

the 2013 offense through 6 games was averaging just over 27 points a game

doesn't mean there isn't some metric that carries back to 1996, but what exactly are they referring to in that comment

PO Frog

offense is currently scoring just over 28 points a game

the 2013 offense through 6 games was averaging just over 27 points a game

doesn't mean there isn't some metric that carries back to 1996, but what exactly are they referring to in that comment
Haven't been held to 17 or less three games in a row since 1996. Until last night that is.

FrogLifeYo

the average distance for 3rd down in the second half was 8 yards. only 1 time did tcu face a 3rd down distance shorter than 3rd and 5.

i haven't gone back and checked the 3rd quarter numbers for the last 4 games, but coming out of the half the offense has struggled a great deal.

frogs had 90 yards rushing and 124 yards passing going 9 of 13 throwing the ball in the first half

3rd quarter the frogs ran for 17 yards and passed for 40 yards going 4 of 13 throwing the ball in that quarter alone

people want to lay this at the feet of one player, but what changed? i bet i will find a similar pattern in the texas game and the ohio state game

maybe it really is all on shawn and maybe it is a more complex issue. maybe it is the line play, the play calling, the offensive design, and the execution.

how to fix? heck if i know because i dont' know the true issues. for those calling for a change how deep do you dig to make that change? remember that cumbie has say in exactly one hire on the offensive staff.

somethings are a bit more complicated to fix than they appear from the outside

Your right...It’s not just one thing or one player that’s the root of our problem, it’s either a system that is setting those kids up for failure or coach who is failing to teach it properly. Sure it could be the players but I don’t see a bunch of dumb non-talented Frogs. I see kids that have Big12 Title potential being failed by a complicated system that isn’t being coached very well..

LSU Game Attendee

E3C3278B-3173-4953-9F84-D4BE098C74BA.jpeg
Just like 2013. In 2013 only the Texas game was a game we got completely outplayed in. In 2014 we fixed the problems and went 12-1.

I think this team is closer than people realize, it just sucks that we have to wait until next year to see the benefits of the ship being righted.
Next year’s schedule puts the frogs on the road too much. 2020 will be the money year.

Take away the southern stats and our o sucks! The biggest reason I can see is we are not making second half adjustments that work. Other teams seem to find ways to stop our offense when we don’t turn it over. Other teams also find ways to beat our defense for touchdowns!

Planks

View attachment 5045
Next year’s schedule puts the frogs on the road too much. 2020 will be the money year.

The problem with 2020 is our O line will be depleted. Meyers, McKinney, Niang, Bolosomi, and Iwuagwu are gone after 2019. That’s three starters and the entire two deep at offensive tackle. TCU is consistently terrible in O line rebuilding years, I don’t see how 2020 will be our year unless there is a miracle along the O line.

2019 is a better bet than 2020 due to the fact that we will have a Senior laden O line. Unfortunately in 2019 our defense will take a serious step back due to the black holes at DE and LB. After 2018 we lose the entire two deep at DE and LB (save for Wallow).

It might be 2021 or 2022 before we have a serous chance again at the conference or the playoffs.

f_399

If Robinson losses the job, he will transfer for sure. Unless the team can use him in a different position and he accepts.