• The KillerFrogs

This is where Gary starts to lose his chili with fans, press, etc....

jake102

Looking forward to a bunch of questions about the Cowboys, the 2006 team, best tacos in Fort Worth, remember that time crazy old Les Miles called a fake FG, etc

SnoSki

tenor.gif

CountryFrog

The turnover margin could improve which is probably the only difference we need.
We need to be able to run the ball better, stop committing penalties, and start making more plays down field in the passing game. Yes the turnover margin needs to improve but so do those other things or we're just going 3 and out instead of turning it over.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Collins is Tyler Matthews 2.0

In 2013 everyone wanted Boykin benched for Matthews, Matthews comes in and stinks it up.

I believe if Collins were a viable option he would have seen he field by now

How would you know that he is Tyler Matthews 2.0 ?. He hasn't had much of a chance to play despite Patterson's public proclamations that he wants him to have some playing time.

tetonfrog

Then it must be worse than what most can imagine. Because the starting qb is not even average so far.

Could be that the backup is like turp, does not shine as much in practice, but plays well in a game. the thing is, you have to give the guy more than just a few reps in dire situations.

Collins did get a chance to play. He did not even get a first down at UT. GP was so scared of him that he punted down two scores.

SR might not be the long-term answer, but MC is so underwhelming in practice that he can't see the field at all. Let that sink in.

CountryFrog

I'm VERY uncomfortable with the sweeping judgments some people are making about a player based on almost no evidence at all. You can assume all you like that if he's not playing that it means this that and the other but I see no reason to hurl negative criticism at a kid who basically hasn't played at all.

It's not enough that some people have to constantly complain about players on the field (at least it's based on something and therefore has some level of validity) but now we've got to rag on guys who haven't even done anything.

cctcu

How would you know that he is Tyler Matthews 2.0 ?. He hasn't had much of a chance to play despite Patterson's public proclamations that he wants him to have some playing time.
Maybe GP is thinking if he does put Collins in and he doesn't do any better then it may appear to the offense that they ain't going anywhere (positive, as in a bunch of scoring) either way. And if that happens, the psychy of the team is lost. So maybe just leave SR in and maybe something good will finally happen (maybe). Or wait a few more games and start playing JR (the last 4 games so he doesn't lose his red-shirt).

Chongo94

Collins did get a chance to play. He did not even get a first down at UT. GP was so scared of him that he punted down two scores.

SR might not be the long-term answer, but MC is so underwhelming in practice that he can't see the field at all. Let that sink in.

Well if this is true, then I have even more issues with the current coaching staff. They should’ve kept their mouths quiet instead of constantly telling the fans how close of a quarterback battle it supposedly was all season.

Don’t blame the fans (not saying you are, just speaking generally) for wanting to see how another qb may do when all summer the coaching staff hyped the competition and only a game or two ago discussed getting another qb more reps earlier in the games.

Either ride and die with SR, which it looks like they’re doing and don’t discuss much else, or actually follow up all of the comments made with some action on that end.

CountryFrog

How are you so certain (cue the four game rule)?
I am not certain myself. I personally have no idea. I only posted that because every single time the name Justin Rogers is mentioned on this board it creates a chain reaction of people insisting that there's no chance he will play this year. I'm assuming there is info out there from other sources.

westoverhillbilly

Graduating 4 stud linemen to NFL camps then losing 1 more (Igwagwu) who started a lot last year and sometimes yet another in your rotation (Myers playing sparingly if at all) and you have one of those anomalies that even the best of coaches (which Patterson is) will encounter over the years.. Even Royal had them at Texas as did Stoops.. then you have a quarterback that is playing injured on top of that who may have upside improvement or maybe he is the finished product and just isn’t that good.. Gary will get this fixed in the off season liege did after ‘13 I’m confident

tetonfrog

Well if this is true, then I have even more issues with the current coaching staff. They should’ve kept their mouths quiet instead of constantly telling the fans how close of a quarterback battle it supposedly was all season.

Don’t blame the fans (not saying you are, just speaking generally) for wanting to see how another qb may do when all summer the coaching staff hyped the competition and only a game or two ago discussed getting another qb more reps earlier in the games.

Either ride and die with SR, which it looks like they’re doing and don’t discuss much else, or actually follow up all of the comments made with some action on that end.

So, you are saying we should fire GP? It starts with him, yes?

tetonfrog

How else would you resolve your issues with the coaching staff? Sit down and talk with 'em? Good luck.