• The KillerFrogs

Calling Mike Collins!!

Js96

They must not trust or like Collins for game situations.
I don’t see why it would hurt to try Collins for a series. It feels like we have no chance to score at this point. I’m not sure if Robinson is just that slowed down by his injury. Against Ohio State, we at least moved the ball.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don’t see why it would hurt to try Collins for a series. It feels like we have no chance to score at this point. I’m not sure if Robinson is just that slowed down by his injury. Against Ohio State, we at least moved the ball.
Can't just put him in for one series. He would need a real chance to direct the offense and get in a rhythm. He would need at least a quarter, or a half, IMO. I don't think they like or trust him. Plus I still say I think it would help SR to let Collins go some.

HFrog12

See the one series that Tech tried a different QB last night for your answer....... NO!

Yep they tried a different QB to change the mojo, didn't work, then brought the first guy back in and he throws a TD. To me it's just as much about hitting the reset button for Shawn as it is trying something different. I have zero reason to believe Collins is any better but it can't be any worse. You can always put SR back in if the Collins experiment fails. At the end of the day a SR led offense yielded 14 points vs. Tech. They gave up 40 to everyone not named Lamar.

Eight

tcu moved the ball last night. totaled over 400 yards last night.

interception in the end zone, missed 47-yard field goal, fumble by sewo and terrible field continually had a struggling offense having to drive near the length of the field much of the second half.

there is so much not going right in this offense that extends beyond the quarterback.

consider that in the second half the average distance tcu faced on 3rd down was 3rd and 8. in the second half they ran for 31 yards and 14 came on a 3rd and 10 scramble by shawn.

Chico Dusty

I don’t know the answer, nor do I have a problem with either being out there - but it CAN get worse. We could score ZERO points. The coaches must see or believe that Collins couldn’t even lead the team to the end zone. I just don’t see any other reason for why they wouldn’t give him a try.

Moose Stuff

interception in the end zone, missed 47-yard field goal, fumble by sewo and terrible field continually had a struggling offense having to drive near the length of the field much of the second half.

there is so much not going right in this offense that extends beyond the quarterback.

consider that in the second half the average distance tcu faced on 3rd down was 3rd and 8. in the second half they ran for 31 yards and 14 came on a 3rd and 10 scramble by shawn.

Quit being reasonable. This board isn’t ready for that.

DelFrog

This team and the QB in particular just do not protect the ball. Fourteen turnovers in the last four games is just plain pathetic. Last night it was three TOs, but only due to very good fortune did they avoid two more turnovers. I've been watching football for a long time and I have never seen a team that has been so consistently careless when it comes to ball protection.

Eight

This team and the QB in particular just do not protect the ball. Fourteen turnovers in the last four games is just plain pathetic. Last night it was three TOs, but only due to very good fortune did they avoid two more turnovers. I've been watching football for a long time and I have never seen a team that has been so consistently careless when it comes to ball protection.

don't disagree with the failure to protect the ball especially when running with it and that it is known gibbs teaches his defense to go after the ball. look at the fumbles by the backs and you will see defenders hitting up and down on the balls to knock it free.

first interception was a combination of things and you could see as the game went out robinson was getting frustrated and started to force things.

i saw more of the forced throws this game than in the other losses.

cctcu

I said in another place that maybe GP has thought this through and if he does put Collins in and he doesn't do any better, then the offense may just things have become futile and they'll just be going through the motions the rest of the season. And GP doesn't want that to happen. So leaving SR in and something good finally happening could spur things. Maybe, maybe not. The sloppiness happening out there has got to go.

hometown frog

Collins was 3-9 for 30 something yards against UT 2 weeks ago and looked very very poor in a majority of those 9 attempts, with our without pressure. Beyond fall practice rumors and seeing him in the purple white scrimmage, what makes anyone believe he would do any better in games than what SR is doing now?

TCURiggs

Collins was 3-9 for 30 something yards against UT 2 weeks ago and looked very very poor in a majority of those 9 attempts, with our without pressure. Beyond fall practice rumors and seeing him in the purple white scrimmage, what makes anyone believe he would do any better in games than what SR is doing now?

Because a lot of people on this board (and other fan bases) just love backup QBs.

Eight

i agree with riggs that in part people love the back-up, it sounds like an easy solution to something that is a much more complex issue.

part is they read reports from various places and they place a bigger value on that and don't dismiss the effects of alcohol poisoning

jake102

Because a lot of people on this board (and other fan bases) just love backup QBs.

To be fair, most of this comes from GP who has been saying since fall camp that the QB race was dead even and throughout the season that Collins should see playing time.

It's not like this is a situation where GP has said Robinson is the starter, end of story. Been pretty much the opposite.

TCURiggs

To be fair, most of this comes from GP who has been saying since fall camp that the QB race was dead even and throughout the season that Collins should see playing time.

It's not like this is a situation where GP has said Robinson is the starter, end of story. Been pretty much the opposite.

GP also said Joeckel and Boykin were close.

I think this is also different because Shawn is banged up, so GP would probably like Collins to get some reps when possible. Having said that, I'm sure GP could make that happen if he really wanted.

f_399

Did you see the situation he was put in?

Our offense was predictable at that point because we had no choice.

First series- Down 31-16, 3 minutes left.

Second series- down 31-16, 1:22 left.

We were not going to run in either of those.

Eight

Did you see the situation he was put in?

Our offense was predictable at that point because we had no choice.

First series- Down 31-16, 3 minutes left.

Second series- down 31-16, 1:22 left.

We were not going to run in either of those.

which sounds incredibly like the second half of the 3 losses.

i am not going to say collins can't help this team or the offense might not before before. no way of knowing as has been pointed out.

i just find it interesting people will make claims about accuracy and throwing to back shoulders when he has 14 total passes.

was collins' touchdown pass against southern a better throw than robinson's touchdown throw to turpin last night? they looked similar to me but for one it is a verification of skills and for the other a confirmation of inconsistency to some posters

jake102

GP also said Joeckel and Boykin were close.

I think this is also different because Shawn is banged up, so GP would probably like Collins to get some reps when possible. Having said that, I'm sure GP could make that happen if he really wanted.

yeah I hear you, but what GP says is all anybody has to go on. I figured Collins was terrible and it was a smokescreen, but it's just a hunch knowing GP and seeing how the games have played out.