• The KillerFrogs

Give the other QB a chance. He can’t do any worse!!

Horny4TCU

I'll take running plays the rest of the season... even if they go no where for most of the game, eventually they will work.

Resipsa

"He can't do any worse" is a terrible reason to make a change. SR (for all his faults) makes plays. Without some of his playmaking, we don't score at all. He ain't perfect, but there is no reason to be believe Collins would do better.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
"He can't do any worse" is a terrible reason to make a change. SR (for all his faults) makes plays. Without some of his playmaking, we don't score at all. He ain't perfect, but there is no reason to be believe Collins would do better.

You’re obviously an idiot!

jake102

Why does everyone call for the backup QB just to see what happens? Why not start every single back up at every offensive position? Is the QB the only position that has made any mistakes?

The backup has played at every other position that has struggled. (OL, RB, WR)

Raw Frog

My observation is that Shawn is not 100% physically and it is impacting his play and his decisions. Even when healthy, his decisions are many times sketchy. He does not see the field well at this point, and the game has not slowed down for him. He is trying to perform on instinct versus calculated play. He has turned the ball over in every game he has played, multiple times.

Collins has the tools and is healthy. Does he have the ability to put it together and do better than Shawn? We don't know because he has not been given the chance in meaningful game conditions. Mike should be given the chance to show what he has. The team needs to see that the coaches are looking for a spark and are willing to try something new to help them get on the winning side. At this point, Shawn has not shown he can deliver.

Shawn should get healthy and watch from the sideline a bit. Maybe he will see some things and the light will come on for him. Mike deserves a shot.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
They apparently do not like or trust Collins for games. They let an injured QB take every snap last night of an awfully executed offensive performance. Telling to me.

OTOH, not sure it matters what QB is in at this point.

tetonfrog

The reason we don't play Collins is simple: he is not a mobile QB. Our OL cannot protect a mobile QB, so why would they do any better with a pocket passer? When MC played against UT, they pressured the pocket every pass play and he struggled. He couldn't step into his throws and bounced most of his passes.

Tech learned that last night, too. They brought in another QB in the third quarter and the Frogs knocked him down almost every pass attempt. They went back to the mobile guy and he scrambled for the game winner.

It does not matter who the QB or RB or WRs are if you cannot block anyone. There are a lot of issues with our offense, but until the OL plays a little better, we are going to struggle.

netty2424

At some point you have to take a look.

I think SR has the tools. But I think he needs some time on the sideline. Not to punish him, but to get back to some basics. Maybe the game is still a little too fast and seeing it with no pressure will pay dividends.

We very likely could end up with a losing season if the turnovers continue. And to be clear, not all the turnovers are on him, but the turnovers are the single most reason we are losing ball games.

netty2424

The reason we don't play Collins is simple: he is not a mobile QB. Our OL cannot protect a mobile QB, so why would they do any better with a pocket passer? When MC played against UT, they pressured the pocket every pass play and he struggled. He couldn't step into his throws and bounced most of his passes.

Tech learned that last night, too. They brought in another QB in the third quarter and the Frogs knocked him down almost every pass attempt. They went back to the mobile guy and he scrambled for the game winner.

It does not matter who the QB or RB or WRs are if you cannot block anyone. There are a lot of issues with our offense, but until the OL plays a little better, we are going to struggle.
How do you know he’s not a mobile QB? He seemed to run the ball well against SMU. Had several rushing touchdowns.

EDIT maybe it was one TD.

Last edited:

matmoo123

If we had a legitimate punter, I would have been open to punting on first down every series last night. Might have given our defense more opportunities to score.

Eight

"14 points a game and an average of 3 turnovers a game. Figure it out moron!"

wait, so because the offense has struggled under robinson the logical conclusion is a player who is 6 of 14 is more accurate?

where have i seen such a profound use of logic......oh yes

Last edited:

ifrog

If we had a legitimate punter, I would have been open to punting on first down every series last night. Might have given our defense more opportunities to score.
And starting from the 2 yard line after their punting put us in a bad position to start.