• The KillerFrogs

Hate to say it,

WIN

I think it all starts with a mediocre/bad OL.

That and the ridiculous turnovers

And I think that all starts with just an immature offense. And when I say immature, I don’t even mean inexperienced. I mean immature. I watched our OL pop up and make the first down sign after getting 2 yards on a 3rd & 1 when we are down 3-0 to Texas Ph*cking Tech in the 2nd quarter.

Coaching.

BleedNPurple

If your QB is sucking and can't hold on to the ball in critical situations you put in the back up just to see if he can provide a spark. That might lite a fire in Robinsons arse. What would it hurt? He couldn't do any worse than Robinson has done and he might hold on to the ball better but, we'll never know because the coaches don't have the balls to put him in!
Thought this whole game - at least give him a couple of back to Back series but no..... turnover mach Me got every snap.

I’d give Collins the start against OU and let him play the whole game. I don’t want SR to think any turnover is acceptable - you throw an INT or fumble and we don’t need you out there at all!

Sonny Side Up

Coaching/Discipline/“We’re ranked”/Discipline/ focus on why we’re here/ Discipline/ no entitlement that you’re good/ Discipline/ fundamentals is what I learned in middle school/ DIDN’T TAKE.

No mental toughness. None. See it. Attack it. Defeat it. Pretty simple. Now, go do it.

BleedNPurple

I am not sure how well he sees the field when he’s throwing or running. Not the first time I’ve wondered why he didn’t run a certain way.

He has no problem routinely throwing into double and triple coverage and getting picked off. Looks like a totally unorganized scheiss show out there. We should try a series where we hand off up the middl 12 straight time - that has a decent chance of scoring. This dazzle dazzle run sound and throw into coverage or put the ball on the ground is inexcusable.

LeagueCityFrog

A frog fan watching the game at home texted me at the stadium saying at the end of game our quarterback was laughing, smiling, and clapping on ESPN after the beyond stupid last offensive play that ended the game. Did anyone else see this who watched from home? I ask this because I remember Gary saying earlier this season that no one in our locker room was crying or outwardly upset after the Ohio State and Texas losses. I was told there was nothing but tears in Waco in our locker after the 61-58 game. Are we becoming the new / old UT football where everyone is treated too well and because they play for TCU they must be good. Just asking because I'm baffled to what has happened to our proud football program. We are looking at a 5-7 season now.

Deep Purple

Isn't Lup coaching running backs? They have not run consistently for two years. Granted, the o line does not help, but the backs are dancing way to much.
Anderson usually hits the hole hard or is quick to find his own way through/around the scrum at the line. And he usually gets rewarded with good yardage.

It's Olonilua who is sometimes too in love with the backfield dance, which only allows any quick-reacting defense to immediately close and seal. Yes, there have been games when he danced like Swayze and still ran wild against a team with a slow defense or a weak DL. But he has seldom consistently racked up impressive yards against better defenses, even when Anderson managed to.

Take some good advice, Sewo. Forget the dance. Just explode through the hole. If there is no hold, explode through whatever daylight you can find -- just always go forward, not east-west. You'll be surprised at how much better are the results you get.

Mean Purple

Anderson usually hits the hole hard or is quick to find his own way through/around the scrum at the line. And he usually gets rewarded with good yardage.

It's Olonilua who is sometimes too in love with the backfield dance, which only allows any quick-reacting defense to immediately close and seal. Yes, there have been games when he danced like Swayze and still ran wild against a team with a slow defense or a weak DL. But he has seldom consistently racked up impressive yards against better defenses, even when Anderson managed to.

Take some good advice, Sewo. Forget the dance. Just explode through the hole. If there is no hold, explode through whatever daylight you can find -- just always go forward, not east-west. You'll be surprised at how much better are the results you get.
He has the power to do it. When he does do it, it is good. It is just odd that it seems so rare. The guy has a ton of power. He showed it in the bowl game after GP challenged him.

Mean Purple

A frog fan watching the game at home texted me at the stadium saying at the end of game our quarterback was laughing, smiling, and clapping on ESPN after the beyond stupid last offensive play that ended the game. Did anyone else see this who watched from home? I ask this because I remember Gary saying earlier this season that no one in our locker room was crying or outwardly upset after the Ohio State and Texas losses. I was told there was nothing but tears in Waco in our locker after the 61-58 game. Are we becoming the new / old UT football where everyone is treated too well and because they play for TCU they must be good. Just asking because I'm baffled to what has happened to our proud football program. We are looking at a 5-7 season now.
I did not see him doing that. he seemed some what dejected in mood. However, that offense needs to gain some heart. I worry that Cumby has lost them.

Mean Purple

Scoring 14 on Tech is the most inexcusable thing imaginable. The entire offensive staff needs to look hard in the mirror. It has been 12 days since we played and that’s all they could come up with. I can make a judgment about any of the players because we are so disorganized.
in the end, does not matter how much time you have to prep. If they players are not capable of executing the plays, not good. Nobody should expect the scheme to get better because it has not been very good since Meach left.

Sebastian S

He has no problem routinely throwing into double and triple coverage and getting picked off. Looks like a totally unorganized scheiss show out there. We should try a series where we hand off up the middl 12 straight time - that has a decent chance of scoring. This dazzle dazzle run sound and throw into coverage or put the ball on the ground is inexcusable.
He is lucky he didn't get picked off 2-3 more times tonight.